Skip to content

Basenji birthday week !

Show Off Your Dog
  • Gossip was 9y on Monday and Teddy is 6y today.

    Both going strong in activities:
    Gossip: Sonbar's Tabloid Talk CGC RAE OAP OJP CL1-R CL1-H CL1-S CL1-F CL2-R CL2-H CL2-S CL2-F CL3-R CL3- and Versatile Basenji Started 2 and points toward JOR
    Teddy: CH Sonbar's Xactlyas Xpected CGC RA NAP NJP CL1-R CL1-H CL1-S CL1-F CTL2-R CTL2-H CTL2-F CTL2-S RATN and Versatile Basenji and points toward JOR

    (My phone photos are always way too big - have no way to reduce - sorry can't upload them)

  • Happy Birthday and congratulations to both!

    BTW, if you can transfer your photos to your computer, downsizing can be easily achieved with any number of free photo programs.....

  • Happy birthday and congrats!

  • @wizard Happy Birthday & many good Wishes to all 3 of you!! And Congrats to the "kids" in the shows!!

Suggested Topics

  • Am I Basenji?

    Show Off Your Dog
    20
    2 Votes
    20 Posts
    25k Views
    elbrantE
    @creambasenji Please start a new topic/thread in Member Introductions when you upload an image of your "cream" basenji. That way, more people will see it. (thanks!)
  • Birthdays!

    Show Off Your Dog
    10
    2 Votes
    10 Posts
    5k Views
    ZandeZ
    @zande said in Birthdays!: Cotterpin Sweet Child O Mine! There is indeed a picture of Pippi - I did mean 'everyone else' to send pics ! Parents would be most welcome too !
  • Basenji and...???

    Show Off Your Dog
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    4k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    She is really cute though I don't see Basenji. Like Shirley said, only a DNA can tell you much for certain.
  • 0 Votes
    7 Posts
    6k Views
    MothM
    Congratulations :) What lovely dogs!
  • 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    2k Views
    No one has replied
  • A basenji Mix?

    Show Off Your Dog
    16
    0 Votes
    16 Posts
    16k Views
    F
    Rafismom, we started him out in a crate, but he hated it. Cried something fierce. We then started leaving him in my son's room, and he was absolutely fine….well, until he started crying again. Then we gave him roam of the house while we were gone, and have had no problems at all. Yes, I know. I'm lucky! He absolutely hates for us to leave, but he's good while we are gone. No complaints here, for sure. Maybe it's the possible black lab that mixed in that makes him so calm? He has his moments, especially outside when he sees a squirrel, etc., but overall he's a very calm pooch. Just last week, I was walking the dog at a local park when I hear a woman saying something about the dog. She was a good distance away. I then realize she was talking to me and asked if my dog was friendly. I said, "yes" and she came over to pet him. She told me that the dog reminded her of her first dog. She said her first dog was a basenji. After more chatting, she said that it was actually a basenji mix, but that my dog looked a lot like hers. She told me how much she loved that dog and told me all sorts of stories about her. Such a nice lady. Gave me a few bits of advice and about a half hour later we parted ways. This is my first dog, and I've been amazed at how friendly other dog people are when I'm walking him. This has been a great experience.