• Attached is a link to a short video of Ella and I doing our regular cross country ski lunch time walk. She starts to pick up a little speed about halfway through. To restate the obvious, she is missing one leg. Hopefully you will see that she gets around pretty good and we have a good time. I will try post another one later showing her going at top speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMMCiQyjcPo

• Brave girl!
    What a joy to watch.

• Looks like she is doing great. Amazing how well they adapt.

• She is amazing - obviously she likes it, or she just wouldn't run. Good that she can get her exercise with you even without her other leg - how did she lose it?

• As reported here in the forum, she was hit by a car last year. A horrific day for all. But she is pretty much exactly the same dog she was before the accident. I was already wanting to write a book called, Everything I Know About Life I Learned From My Dog. But since the accident she really has shown us what life is all about! She is a joy and an inspiration. But mostly she is Ella, our Basenji.

• Wonderful to see her doing so well! I am amazed at how fast she is. It's a joy to watch her having such fun.

• Okay so I am laughing. I clicked the link, posted there on Youtube that she is amazing, came back and read comments. Amazing is THE word she inspires people to utter! 🙂 Do you use boots on her in the snow? How the heck were YOU moving so fast, holding a camera?

• @bcraig:

Attached is a link to a short video of Ella and I doing our regular cross country ski lunch time walk. She starts to pick up a little speed about halfway through. To restate the obvious, she is missing one leg. Hopefully you will see that she gets around pretty good and we have a good time. I will try post another one later showing her going at top speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMMCiQyjcPo

Ella is fantastic! What a shape! Congratulations. Wich vehicle were you using?

• DebraDownSouth;164148]Okay so I am laughing. I clicked the link, posted there on Youtube that she is amazing, came back and read comments. Amazing is THE word she inspires people to utter! 🙂 Do you use boots on her in the snow? How the heck were YOU moving so fast, holding a camera?

I have to admit I was hoping for this type of reaction. She is AMAZING. All of our Bs are amazing but Ella probably gets a little more notice since the accident. We make quite a splash on the cross country ski tracks.

I have never used booties for Ella but about 8-10 days a year it is cold enough that I think about it. On those days, she really doesn't want to spend much time outside anyway. I rarely hear a good recommendation for a bootie that stays on. But i would be happy to hear of one. She does have a nice winter coat from Montana Dogwear that we wear most of the time. It was pretty warm and sunny when we shot that video,

I managed to control the leash, my ski poles and the camera. But we have skied that section of trail hundreds of times so it really is not that hard. We are both expert cross country skiers. Thanks again for your support.

• We just bought these http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trixie-19473-Walker-Professional-Nylon/dp/B000WFC1EG
    We haven't used them so far (not cold enough) but friends with a B who went on a skiing vacation used them a lot and he loved them - and they stayed on his feet. They played inside with the boots a lot to familiarize him with them, then went walking in the snow without, then put them on, to let him feel the difference - that worked.

• First Basenji's

wow, just watched the video, yes, AMAZING indeed! You have all our support as well for Ella. Truly and inspiration. She didn't even pant till the very end! Wow! Glad she gets out and that nothing stops her from enjoying a fulfilled life, thanks to you bcraig!

Suggested Topics