Skip to content

Saying Hello Again!

Member Introductions

Suggested Topics

  • June Bug says Hello!

    Member Introductions
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    MrBaRooampBittyM
    Some years back, during our Shiba Inu and Jindo period our Jindo developed a terrible rash and wht with her licking turned into huge hot spots, loss of hair and everything. Our vet narrowed it down to a grain alergy, suggested we go to an avocado based food, AvoDerm. Within 2 weeks she stopped itching and chewing, and 6 months later all her hair was grown out. As time went by she developed a beautiful luxurious coat, never had another problem with alergies or skin problems. We realize that B's dont have the long double coats like Shibas or Jindos, but our philosophy is if it ain't broke don't fix it, so we have just continued feeding AvoDerm to our B's as we accumulated our pack. The main problem with it is, if we feed them as reccomended they gain weight, so we really have to watch their diet.
  • Sadie says hello!

    Member Introductions
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    10k Views
    S
    @suztor: Thanks so much for the feedback, I'm playing with a new camera lens and will be posting new pictures as soon as I can! funny that you mention rat. I've been doing research because she really doesn't fully fit the basenji profile but it turns out I'm pretty convinced she's a Rat Terrier mix but has very strong and big jaws that don't match…. I found an image of a rat basenji mix who's face looks very similar to hers.... So at the moment that's where I'm putting my money... Thoughts? and it doesn't really so much matter what she is as far as how much I'll love her (i've got that part down solid), but it's more so I can find the best way to train her
  • Benji says 'Hello'

    Member Introductions
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    5k Views
    P
    Welcome to you (P…) and Benji, so pleased to see you on here!. I hope the seizure was a one-off but i'm sure you'll get plenty of valuable advice here if not. Do get in touch with M & L they have a wonderful vet for Skipper in Oswestry.
  • Hello

    Member Introductions
    23
    0 Votes
    23 Posts
    14k Views
    P
    Bungwa has a very dry mouth and I only managed to get a very tiny white patch on the test card but it was still sufficient to do the test with that. It only turns white when it's dry - the instructions are quite explicit. Of course as Pat says it could be a bad test form.
  • Hello

    Member Introductions
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    nala121498N
    Welcome! Looking forward to seeing your pups!
  • Hello

    Member Introductions
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    6k Views
    nala121498N
    Welcome and kudos to you for helping with rescues! It sounds like Kowboy was a great introuction to the breed. I'm sorry for your loss of him and Indy. this is a great place to share and keep memories alive. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a speedy relocation back to your family in CA!