• I went out and got a clicker and she actually is responding really well to it. shes already picked up treats follow the click… my old man on the other hand hasn't put 2+2 together lol. any other suggestions? this is going to be great!

• @suztor:

any other suggestions? this is going to be great!

What you can do with a clicker is only limited by your imagination, but I would work on basics first. Then just see what your dog offers, what you can reward, what tricks you can teach. Happy clicking! 🙂

• Without more pictures it's difficult to say whether she has Basenji in her (does it matter?). Her head doesn't look like a Basenji. She's very pretty and you are welcome on the forum. Lets see what others think.

• It looks like she has a furry curled tail. She may be a Spitz mix!

Jennifer

• It is furry but no more than your average chihuahua. That's the general length of her fur. Basing this off of the 'Bleu' Chihuahua my sister has (looks like a tiny little husky in coloration)

**Question: is there a Health or well being reason to use wide collars on hound dogs?

• Welcome to you and your dogs 🙂

• awww she is so sweet….

I got tears in my eyes.. my last ratfriend was called Sadie and she had the exact same colours and expression on her face as your georgeeous Sadie has.. wow 🙂

Welcome at the forum!

• Thanks so much for the feedback, I'm playing with a new camera lens and will be posting new pictures as soon as I can!

• Hello Everyone! I'm Sue any my long time boyfriend is Chris and we are happy to have a (potential) Basenji mix as part of our family.

• @suztor:

Thanks so much for the feedback, I'm playing with a new camera lens and will be posting new pictures as soon as I can!

funny that you mention rat. I've been doing research because she really doesn't fully fit the basenji profile but it turns out I'm pretty convinced she's a Rat Terrier mix but has very strong and big jaws that don't match…. I found an image of a rat basenji mix who's face looks very similar to hers.... So at the moment that's where I'm putting my money... Thoughts?

and it doesn't really so much matter what she is as far as how much I'll love her (i've got that part down solid), but it's more so I can find the best way to train her

Suggested Topics