5 y/o red & white female - need to rehome

• Have you seen this post? They are in Kansas, so don't know if it would work. This was started today

http://www.basenjiforums.com/showthread.php?14371-Looking-for-adult-female-Basenji

• We are looking for an adult female to be a companion for our 5 y.o. male B. I'm new to the list and can't figure out how to email or message you directly, but I'd like to get more info about your dog. We're in KS, so the distance is a problem, but may be something we can deal with if all else is right. Can you email or private message me? Deb

• @hdolbow:

It's been quite awhile since i have posted on this forum and it makes me sad to have to come back and post something like this. I'm looking to rehome my B. I have found myself overly busy with a graduate degree, internship, and working two jobs and really don't have time for her. My mom has been a big help but it's not fair to burden her anymore. She's dealing with my grandmother who has dementia and my brother who's an addict. I won't let her go to just anyone and she's pretty unique. She hates being crated (although she is during the day) She sleeps in bed with me when I'm home. She is a lap dog in very sense of the word. She's fine with cars but is iffy with other dogs until she gets used to them. Kids don't seem to bother her but I haven't seen her around many. I'm not looking for money, I just want her to go somewhere where she is cared for. If anyone seems interested, please let me know.

Hi. I hope this doesn't end up being a duplicate post, as I tried to reply to you last night, but it hasn't appeared yet. I'm new to the forum and am having trouble learning how it works! Anyway, I am looking for an adult female B to be a companion for our 5 y.o. Neutered male B. We are in KS, so the distance may be a problem, but I'd like to get more info from you about your girl. I have not been able to figure out how to send a private message, so if you know how to send me one, please do! Otherwise, please reply on the forum. Thanks!
    Deb

• You might also contact BRAT. Heather you had other basenjis– I know one was sick by checking back on posts, so wondering about them. Normally I'd say stick it out for the time left in grad school, but given your mom's very tough situation, I understand why this has become extremely hard. I am sorry for what you are going through and hope you find the best of homes.

• Pat - I did see that, but Kansas is really far from me and like I said, Mia isn't the best with other dogs. I'd hate to see someone travel so far and it be for nothing.

Debra- I had three B's when I was with my ex boyfriend. Two were his (meaning he had them before I came into the picture) and we got Mia as "my" dog. Needless to say, things didn't work out and it has been just me and Mia for two and a half years now. The breakup wasn't exactly pretty, and knowing how he treated me and the dogs then, I wouldn't even consider asking him for help.

I may just end up toughing it out for the next 6 months. Hopefully life calms down after that.

• I am sorry to hear about the ex and that he's not good with the others. Hope things work out.

Totally not dog related, but there are programs that can provide respite care to help your mom with her mother. If you need me to find some resources, please let me know.

• Thanks Debra- she's in the beginning stages, but getting worse. Throwing everything away…moving things... My mom is one of 9, so she's not alone in it. We just live 3 miles from them & shes POA so she goes there at least every other day after working all day. The next neurologist appointment is this month and they're hoping to have her deemed incompetent then. You could say she's not exactly the nicest woman, they've brought up having someone come in for a few hours a day but she refuses. My grandfather is there and he tries but he's never had any responsibility so it's all new to him... Just a big mess!

• Heather I am so sorry. Never easy and worse if person difficult to start with.

• Hello, Sorry to hear about your situation.
    I just did a home visit for a family in DE who are looking for a B.
    You can email me at basenjis
    at
    earthlink dottnet if you are still looking for a new home for your girl.
    Thank you. Chris (BRAT volunteer)

• I am very interrested in helping you and her. I live in Richmond, Va and had to put my Baby Girl down this past Labor Day. She was 11 shy of her 16 and one-half birthday. I got her when she was 4 months old. I am a stay at home mom and would have plenty of time to spend with her. If you would lick to speak more with me, send me an email and we can exchange information. I noted that you said that she does not like other dogs, so I wanted to let you know that I have none. Again, if you would like, please email me.

dallasdog96@gmail.com
    (and, yes, her name was Dallas and she was born in 1996!)

Suggested Topics