Admittedly Odd Puppy Food Question

• Thank you! He is coming from Tad Brooks, though I'm not sure which litter. Bella, Rain and Dara have puppies.

I believe he will have "cousins" on this forum?

• I don't think they come vacuum packed. O.o I ordered mine and got it last week and I don't remember thinking it was a brick!

I'm actually really happy to know that a lot of the Senji parents here feed theirs Fromm. I literally switched to Fromm a few days ago because I was having trouble getting my picky eater to eat! I've tried everything! She's eating the Fromm food, even finishing her bowls at all her meal times. So I'm guessing this is good stuff. 🙂

• @ownedbyspencer:

Thank you! He is coming from Tad Brooks, though I'm not sure which litter. Bella, Rain and Dara have puppies.

I believe he will have "cousins" on this forum?

Yes he will! We are getting a Meisterhaus puppy this month too, as are friends of ours who already have a boy from Tad. I can't wait to find out who our puppy will be and from which litter.

• My litter that I bred this year was sired by one of Tad's boys …. so we have lots of relations here..... they are 6wks old today (tonight)

• You must be so thrilled and eagerly anticipating the decision on who will be yours! A puppy is going to be so great for you, and ps…house training is still house training no matter how many years later, lol!!

Can't wait to hear stories and posts and most importantly PICTURES!!

Pat ( 6 weeks already!) time really flies, any prospects you're looking to keep?

• Thanks so much, everyone! The puppy is coming home next week, and I will be so excited to get him. It's great to know he will have cousins and possibly littermates on here. TMartin, I'm so excited for you! When do you pick up your puppy?

And Pat, if my puppy or TMartin's puppy are from Rain's litter, they could be your puppies' half-brother. Your pups are adorable– I've been watching them grow on Facebook. LOVE the tris!

Chealsie... ah, house training-- I remember it well. I hope this puppy takes to his crate better than Spencer did. Spencer wanted nothing to do with a crate... ever! That was the only thing he really rebelled against. Thank goodness he wasn't house destructive. He had access to the entire house and seldom bothered a thing. So I'm hoping my luck holds. LOL!

• An update on the food:

The new bag of puppy food arrived, and it was fine. So something did happen to that first bag, and I'm glad I sent it back.

According to Fromm's, they use hermetic sealing. My new bag looks just like the Solid Gold bags, which also have an airtight seal. There is a small valve on the side of the bag. I'm not sure how long Fromm's has been sealing the bags this way, so maybe it's a new thing. I was impressed with Fromm's customer service and am looking forward to trying their products. I also bought a couple bags of their treats, so we'll see what the puppy thinks!

• I am such a huge fan of Fromms, they are incredibly transparent as a company….they've never had a recall and are family operated and have a lot of security measures in place. One time I couldn't tell if oak was sick because of the food or just in general ( around the time of the diamond recalls) and they asked for the batch info an looked into it, took it serious and were so gracious!!! I will not switch foods, Oakley loves all the varieties and I now mix one bag grain free to one bag limited grain and its a hit at my house...the adds benefits of a great company are a big bonus too!
    Can't say enough great things about them

• Treats are awesome too! Oaks favorites are the cheddar one, they come in circular biscuits and training treat size..

• I've been very impressed with them, too! Everyone there was very helpful and easy to deal with. They immediately told me not to use the food. I'm going to start out mixing the Fromm Puppy with NutriSource Puppy, since a NutriSource mix is what the breeder feeds. Then I'll transition to Fromm adult food in a few months. I'll probably continue to mix it. Is that what most people do– mix flavors for variety? I didn't do that with Spencer, since he was on a special diet for most of his life.

I got the cheddar treats, too... and the cranberry-liver, which sounds awful but got great reviews as a training treat! I also bought some Blue Buffalo training treats. I am flush with training treats! 🙂

• @ownedbyspencer:

Thanks so much, everyone! The puppy is coming home next week, and I will be so excited to get him. It's great to know he will have cousins and possibly littermates on here. TMartin, I'm so excited for you! When do you pick up your puppy?

And Pat, if my puppy or TMartin's puppy are from Rain's litter, they could be your puppies' half-brother. Your pups are adorable– I've been watching them grow on Facebook. LOVE the tris!

Chealsie... ah, house training-- I remember it well. I hope this puppy takes to his crate better than Spencer did. Spencer wanted nothing to do with a crate... ever! That was the only thing he really rebelled against. Thank goodness he wasn't house destructive. He had access to the entire house and seldom bothered a thing. So I'm hoping my luck holds. LOL!

What are the registered names of the sire and dam's of the litters?

• @Chealsie508:

You must be so thrilled and eagerly anticipating the decision on who will be yours! A puppy is going to be so great for you, and ps…house training is still house training no matter how many years later, lol!!

Can't wait to hear stories and posts and most importantly PICTURES!!

Pat ( 6 weeks already!) time really flies, any prospects you're looking to keep?

Yes, time flies by….. I have my eye on one of the girls..... but still to early to tell

• @tanza:

What are the registered names of the sire and dam's of the litters?

The litters are:

GCH. Victory Meisterhaus The X Factor ("Simon") X MBISS/NSBIS GCh. Meisterhaus Dazzle 'N Daze ("Dara")

Meisterhaus Puzzle Piece ("Puzzle") X MBISS GCh. Meisterhaus Signet Glitz 'N Glamour ("Bella")

Ch. Meisterhaus No Nonsense ("Jasper") / Meisterhaus Jadaka Tribal Dance ("Drummer") X Ch. Meisterhaus Signet Hell or High Water ("Rain") - dual-sired litter

I don't know much about multiple-sired litters or how the AKC DNA testing works. I believe correct parentage is determined before registration?

• So the dual sired litter (Jasper and Drummer) will have AKC DNA for parentage before registration. And any that are from Jasper will be 1/2 to my kids since he is their sire. It is a cheek swab. One could have sired all or could be mixed. I know one person that did a dual sired litter, had 10 (yes you are read right, 10) and all 10 were sired by one male… so you never know!

Rain is also related to Jasper through Signet Hillbilly Rock Star and his dam, Meisterhaus Tears & Tantrums, so also related

Puzzle is a 1/2 sister to Jasper, as they have the same Dam, so those puppies are related to my kids. Rain is also related to Jasper through Signet Hillbilly Rock Star and his dam, Meisterhaus Tears & Tantrums. And Bella is a littermate to Rain

Simon is related also, through Meisterhaus Tears & Tantrums back as is Dara

So anyone of the pups will be related to C-Me x Jasper babies!

And they will all be related to lisastewart's Gambit and Tempest, since that are Jasper's litter sisters

• Sounds like he has a lot of relations on here… on both coasts! I'll be happy to know who he is and to have him home. One more week!

It's interesting to see how the lines are so interrelated. And I find the dual-sired litter intriguing. I haven't heard much about that, and I'm not sure why they tried it, but I'm curious to see how the parentage turns out. There are two tris in the Rain litter, so perhaps they are Jasper's. Though if Rain had a tri father...

Boy, that Hillbilly Rock Star sure does get around! 🙂 I believe he's the one they call Kenny?

• Can't wait to hear who you get!

• ownedbyspencer- We are getting very excited and cannot wait to find out which puppy Tad will match us and Loki with. Ours will get here the 25th or 26th, so we have 2 more weeks. Our friends, who already have a boy from Tad, are flying up to pick up their puppy as well as ours and then driving back down. Meanwhile we will have their boy who just over a week younger than Loki. The boys will have a blast as they've really bonded the past few months since we ran into each other and began meeting about once a week. They will be exhausted by the time the puppies get here! Not to mention it's a huge help to us as I'm still recovering from a broken ankle and blood clots 😞 The drive would be a bit much at this point and take much longer than usual since I'd need to get out every 2-3 hrs to walk around. Can't wait to see pics of your puppy, and who knows, they may even be littermates!

• Yes, it's pins and needles time for all of us puppy parents-in-waiting! I'm sorry to hear about your health issues, TMartin, but it's wonderful that your friend can pick up your new baby for you. I hope you heal quickly! Those two weeks will fly right by, I'm sure– and I'll post pics as soon as I have them. 🙂

• TMartin–

Do you know who your puppy is yet or when you can pick her/him up?

• Don't know which puppy yet, but our friends are flying up next Thursday and will be back either Friday or Saturday. What about you?

Suggested Topics