Lost Black/White Male in Marietta, Georgia

• Healing thoughts to Spot…..

• Thankfully Spot is alive. Very unfortunate he lost his eye but he will do fine with one. I had a Basenji lose sight in one eye and I didn't see a difference in her activity at all.

• Wow, don't know how I missed this but so glad they have him back.

• Hi All, I haven't spoken to Amy since my last post, but she did say I could repost her facebook updates on the forum. Below are her most recent two posts about Spot. Amy and Spot need our prayers for their recovery. Again, I'll say she is a strong and wonderful Basenji mom. She never gave up hope or effort to find him. So Glad he's back.

Today: Mr. Spot is still in the hospital for further hydration and some more x-rays, but apparently he's up and about and eating. And the staff person I spoke to this morning at the vet says, "He's just amazing!" Can't wait until tomorrow. 🙂

Yesterday: Corey, the latest news is that Spot's vet now thinks he may have also/instead been hit by a car?? We were supposed to get him back today, but she wants to do some additional ex-rays to see if his nose is broken (lots of swelling-I thought it might be broken, too), and she said he's still a little dehydrated despite all the fluids he'd been given at Cobb Emergency. Sigh. I miss my little baby, but am glad to have him taken such thorough care of. Better safe than sorry. I guess I'll have the rest of the story tomorrow or Thursday.

• First Basenji's

does it matter who the breeder was? wow! @tanza:

The breeder is Kim Byrd

• I hope everything goes well!

Jennifer

• The message below was posted to facebook on Friday by Amy. Spot finally made it home where he belongs.

Hi all, I got the most wonderful gift tonight…holding my beloved little Spot on my lap and in my arms while he slept. He's home with us at last. Thank you all so much for your thoughts, your prayers, and your help.

• @Buddys:

does it matter who the breeder was? wow!

The wow is your post. Someone asked Robyn if the dog was her breeding, hence the issue of who bred the dog came up.

And hell yes, the breeder does matter. ANY breeder worth their salt would want to know if their dog was missing. Anyone who understands that would want to be sure the breeder knew in case, in the panic and stress, the owner's forgot to contact them. Sorry that wasn't obvious to you.

• First Basenji's

Woah, I just got caught up on this. So glad that Spot made it home, despite his injuries. May his little body heal quickly now that he is back in the arms of love.

• @DolceMomma:

Hi all, I got the most wonderful gift tonight…holding my beloved little Spot on my lap and in my arms while he slept. He's home with us at last. Thank you all so much for your thoughts, your prayers, and your help.

Thank God for the happy news! I'm sure that Amy is happy to have Mr. Spot back in her arms. I'm so glad to read another story to encourage lost owners to NEVER give up on lost b's! 🙂

Suggested Topics