Caught something in the mouse trap!

• Zahra! She was left alone upstairs and got into the glue type mouse trap. She has the glue all over her whiskers and her paws. I got most of the stuff off of her paws but I can't get it off of her whiskers, I hate to trim them, does anyone have any suggestions?

I thought I threw all of these darn traps out after I caught the mouse but I guess I missed one. (New construction across the street is pushing ants and field mice over here, I thought I was golden because we didn't have any problems until of course the thing ran in from my garage.)

Please give me some input on what to do with her whiskers, everything is sticking to them! Ewwwwwww!

• Okay, I guess I didn't get the glue all off her paws either. Anyone have any suggestions?

• Peanut Butter, it will remove chewing gum out of hair, and it won't hurt your baby. Just put a good amount on her paws and see how it works, put it on and wipe it off with a towel, and if it is a success I would try the whiskers. Good luck, let us know how it works.

• I know rubbing alcohol works-just be very careful! And use a moisturizer afterwards.

• Maybe try wiping olive oil on the sticky parts? The vet I used to work for suggested that for a snake who found itself in a sticky situation involving duct tape. The snake's owner called back in to let us know it worked like a charm.

• Thanks for the suggestions! I will have to try to the Olive Oil because I threw out all of our peanut butter during the peanut butter recall. If that doesn't work I can try peanut butter after I run to the store.

I will let you guys know how it goes.

• citrus juice is also a good sticky remedy. I hope Chase is a little less gooey today! 😃

• the company suggests using vegetable oil.

• Man, I didn't even think about trying to look up the company website to see if it recommended anything. Thanks!

I tried the olive oil and that made Chase and Zahra both want to lick the wash cloth so I gave up. I took them to the dog park Sunday afternoon and that got rid of it.

There are dome sticky spots on my living room carpet still but hopefully I can get that up with something.

Thanks for the tips everyone!

• My neighbor was pouring alot of concrete and displaced the mouse population. I tried the sticky traps and the poison. The stickys didn't work so well, the posion always left a surprise around the house. The crude mechanical traps worked the best.

Even better was my youngest male Basenji! Mahendra would hunt the little vermin down and present Daddy with a fresh kill. He was praised vociferously. He got 3 mice that I know of. Now, no more mouse problem. Maybe because my neighbor has finished his concrete work.

• Mahendra would hunt the little vermin down and present Daddy with a fresh kill.

Eeeeeewwwww I guess you have a really hunter in the house 😃

• Have you heard of this stuff called "Goo Gone" I remember in middle school some girl did a presentation with it… she put chewed gum in her hair and rubbed it around and this goo gone stuff took it all out, like it was nothing.

I'm not sure how friendly it is for pets... hopefully it says on the bottle. I've used it to get stains out of clothes a gazillion times! You can pick it up at the local hardware stores, or even in grocery stores. I've gotten it in the checkout lanes....

Good Luck!

Suggested Topics