Skip to content

My Basenji boy made it on PAWESOME!!! www.pawesome.net

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Is she a basenji ?

    Basenji Talk
    50
    4 Votes
    50 Posts
    29k Views
    KembeK
    Looks can be so deceiving- here is an article of a woman who adopted a rescue dog in N.J. Dog looks like a basenji - even her vet thought it might be basenji. She did an Embark DNA test - no basenji. Turned out the dog was a mixture of Mountain Cur, Rat Terrier, Beagle, and Boston Terrier. link text
  • The Other Basenji

    Basenji Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    8k Views
    KipawaK
    I read your blog and find it kind of confusing and ….. your comment about "messing with ..." hmmmmmmm.... Anyhow, yes, it is so cool when you come across another basenji, because they totally understand each other and how they want to play. We were fortunate once to have another basenji play chase with Kipawa at a dog park. I just don't think there are many basenjis in the Lower Mainland. :(
  • Typical Basenji or just my special boy?

    Basenji Talk
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    Shaye's MomS
    Shaye is definitely not like that. She is a dog's dog, i.e., she loves most other dogs and will try to make every dog in the park play/chase her, sometimes to their great annoyance, but she feels no need to have the humans bother with her at all. At home, she mostly plays with Gemma, our B mix, and when she becomes tired, THEN she curls up on, next to, behind, or tries to get under, one of us. She's not likely to run up to strangers who come to the house, either, although she does eventually smell them out, and will gladly put up with a little petting.
  • Basenjis are -

    Basenji Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    7k Views
    QuercusQ
    ooohhh…so true!!! Good observation!
  • Basenji road trip - oh boy.

    Basenji Talk
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    6k Views
    bethp14B
    Thanks to everyone for the great suggestions! I read about the poo in the console too, yucky! There will be 4 of us and the 2 dogs, so hopefully we can keep them out of trouble. :eek:
  • Basenji boys…..

    Basenji Talk
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    5k Views
    DukeD
    Never in a million years did I ever want to get another dog like Duke when he was younger. He was so wild and just a nut case. Then I discovered his Basenji-ism and learned all I could and trained him better. Even the sofa digging to China bothered me, but not for too long (my fault - not enough toys to keep him busy). Now there is Daisy - "Ooops! I did it again." Best thing I did for Duke. Daisy is so occupied with Duke, all the troubles like I had with Duke, don't exist. They play, play, play. I think they are both trying to be top dog. We'll see if either of them ever get to be it. No regrets and am glad we have another. Interesting thing about Daisy - She does not bark. She has a very-very high pitch (hard to describe) like hoot. Only heard it a few times. But she's not a barker. (Duke barks!) She's mostly quiet - when we first got her and put her in crate at night, she had some jungle sounding cries.