Not to drag the thread too much off topic, but anaphylaxis has to be one of the scariest things. I was at the vet's to pick something up one day, and a woman had just left with her dog. She came back in and asked for paper towel, which was given to her. I walked out with her, and she said her dog had just vomited in the car. I asked if the dog had had any treatment, and she replied "vaccinations". I said "Bring him back in" and ran back to tell the vet. In the meantime, the dog had collapsed and there were some tense moments while they worked on him. Good idea not to leave immediately after having shots given! The owner didn't know what she was looking at…...and I was very glad I had asked her why she needed the paper towels.
Sharon, I am so glad this ended well for you, and I think it is a valuable wake up call for those of us who might not have thought about the possibility of a bee or hornet sting while hiking. I know up until now I mostly worried about skunks, porcupines, and coyotes!