• @krunzer:

I love Dark Energy Enigma for the registered name. I guess this wouldn't work for a R/W though. Then you could use call name of DEE if you wanted to.

I love that name too. The tris are really black too with little white on the show side.

• @Kipawa:

Any African names for the above terms you have used? I love that I picked an African word for Kipawa's name.

I looked at some simple weather terms and nothing stood out. I might look back and may have to think more abstractly. I typically have a no more than two syllable rule for call names so that limits the options.

• I also love the Dark Engergy enigma. I've had a whirlwind and a tempest, so I guess I've used the weather names too:)

• @lisastewart:

I also love the Dark Engergy enigma. I've had a whirlwind and a tempest, so I guess I've used the weather names too:)

Well I guess I have to convince the breeder to give me one of the tris or the b/w to match the name, lol. It's going to be torture waiting until the end of the month for the puppy evals.

• @Nemo:

Well I guess I have to convince the breeder to give me one of the tris or the b/w to match the name, lol. It's going to be torture waiting until the end of the month for the puppy evals.

Do you have an "eye" on one?

• @tanza:

Do you have an "eye" on one?

Several actually. <g>She just put some 5 week stacked photos up on her website. Five boys, so lots of options.</g>

• Great looking pups….. right now my favorite is the first Tri and the Black/White

• @tanza:

Great looking pups….. right now my favorite is the first Tri and the Black/White

Me too. I'm glad the b/w is turning out nice so far. Particularly since he's the only one!

• Clay…I bet you are getting excited! Congrats on your soon to be new addition!

Just curious to both Pat & Clay - what is it about the b&w boy and the first tri boy that you like the best so far? For us newbies, it is always interesting to know what people are seeing.

• Yes, I am getting very excited. Still lots of planning to do.

I'm trying to not overanalyze the puppies too much, but from memory what I think I liked was they were both shorter backed, the front assemblies looked promising, and the tail sets were higher. I'm hoping they will grow up nice and balanced as square is very unforgiving for movement. I like the first red male better than the second right now too.

• I like both of these for the kennel name: Relativistic Redshift (with call name Red or Rele) and Dark Energy Enigma (call name Darkie or Nigma).
    Here's some other suggestions: Galactic Spectacle, Cosmic Pearl (probably not since they're all boys), Magellanic Cloud (Magi for a call name), Spiral Nebula.

• @renaultf1:

Clay…I bet you are getting excited! Congrats on your soon to be new addition!

Just curious to both Pat & Clay - what is it about the b&w boy and the first tri boy that you like the best so far? For us newbies, it is always interesting to know what people are seeing.

I like the overall balance of those two puppies at this stage. They seem from the pictures to have the best shoulders with the neck nicely set into the shoulders, pretty square and nice tail set. Hard to tell at this point, but that is some general thoughts.

• Do you plan on showing the puppy? Or are you just getting it for a pet? And where is the puppy page….I want to see babies!

Ok so I found the website and I am LOVING the black pup right now.....so square. I am not so sure about the first tri though....for some reason I like the second one better out of the two......can you tell me what you see as the difference in between the two? My first pick would be the black though for a show pup.

• @krunzer:

Do you plan on showing the puppy? Or are you just getting it for a pet? And where is the puppy page….I want to see babies!

Ok so I found the website and I am LOVING the black pup right now.....so square. I am not so sure about the first tri though....for some reason I like the second one better out of the two......can you tell me what you see as the difference in between the two? My first pick would be the black though for a show pup.

I like the first Tri better because he is a bit shorter in the back, looks to have a better neck and shoulder assembly. But it is difficult to tell without putting your hands on the puppies.

• @krunzer:

Do you plan on showing the puppy? Or are you just getting it for a pet? And where is the puppy page….I want to see babies!

Definitely plan to show, but in my mind it is always a pet first. This will be the last dog for a while, so hopefully will get to show it for a few years, through GCH at least. Somewhere in there would start performance too. The sire does really well in coursing, racing so I hope that rubs off on the pups.

I'll get to see the pups in person when they are eight weeks so it will be fun to go over them then.

• I can literally spend hours looking at pictures from the Hubble telescope. Deep space is an amazing place! Space is actually a theme I had considered for a future litter. 😉

Of the names you listed, I really like Across The Universe with the call name "Hubble". Nebby (short for Nebula) or Cosmo are cute too.

If you haven't seen photos from the Hubble, or if you haven't looked at them in a long time, this website has some of the best photos for viewing. http://hubblesite.org/gallery/album/

• Saw the puppies yesterday and it's going to be an "evil" tri. 😃 We're going to have to decide on a name soon. We get the puppy in a little over two weeks.

If I can't agree on a name we like I have a back-up registered name that is totally unrelated to these other ones and we can pick a random call name which is not as much fun but works in the end.

Another weather-related one I thought of is "Dark and Stormy Night" and could call the dog "Stormy".

• You can use: inTRInsic Night and call him Onyx….

• @Nemo:

Saw the puppies yesterday and it's going to be an "evil" tri. 😃 We're going to have to decide on a name soon. We get the puppy in a little over two weeks.

If I can't agree on a name we like I have a back-up registered name that is totally unrelated to these other ones and we can pick a random call name which is not as much fun but works in the end.

Another weather-related one I thought of is "Dark and Stormy Night" and could call the dog "Stormy".

LOL Clay!!!!! How did I know it was destine to be an "evil" TRI??? Which of the two Tri boys did you decide on? And how about Across The Tri Universe

• Ohh I love he Tri's, that will be my next doggie. Good luck on picking a name.

Suggested Topics