• ..for my Athena to vocalize for the 1st time! It was out of nowhere and very loud. I hope she does it daily now.
    and some new pictures.

• Really nice pics of Athena! It happened when you least expected it. Buddy's the loudest one at the dog park. It's really funny how he runs around and just lets out his howls at dogs and people. At home, not a peep!

• Love the last pic! She looks like a happy, happy girl!

• Houston

great pictures..

The basenji I had a year ago, Otis..He nerver barood for us..ever..Pippin, baroos daily..to me, to our girl dog, to the vacuum cleaner, to the tape dispenser..to all kinds of odd things actually..very vocal.

• Aww she is a cutie!! I hope she ends up being a 'talker' for you. Tucker was a little talker when we went and picked him up from the breeders and since got him he hasn't said a lot. Bedtime is the best because they always get a new bowl of water in the bedroom. When you pick up the water dish Becca and Tucker will follow you to the bathroom to watch the water come out of the tap and then follow you all the way back to the bedroom, it's kinda like they have never had water at all that day, then you go to put it down and she starts BAROOOHROOOOO…. I wonder why they get so excited about water???

• Great pictures! She looks like a sweetie. My guy tends to vocalize when he is impatient, e.g. when we are about to leave and he has been waiting…..not patiently......for his roller ball.

• I am envious of the noises and your pics make me smile! I love her expressive face!

• She sure is smiling on the last one… what a ham!!! lol

• Last two I had were not vocal at all. First two I became to know would howl, no "Roo". Get them two a howling and it would raise the hair on my arm. Went camping one time and we left the two in their cages. Came back and everyone wanted to know what the "H" we had in there. Latest one really surprised me one day after only being gone for an hour, she just layed her head back and gave me a really thankful "Roo". So far, the best behaved one I have every had in 30 years, fingers crossed.
    Dave

• Lovely pictures and congratulations to Athena on her first vocalisation!

• I hope you she does it regularly for you..it's so sweet! Love the pictures…especially her smiling face. Have to laugh at the couch/futon arms...mine look worse than yours!

• My b's are pretty quiet. Cody only brooos at Wheat…Cause she is bothering him!!

• Houston

She's so pretty. My basenji is name Athena also.

• Love that happy smile! Very precious! Hope she keeps using that voice of hers.

• @Rivermoon:

I hope you she does it regularly for you..it's so sweet! Love the pictures…especially her smiling face. Have to laugh at the couch/futon arms...mine look worse than yours!

Haha yes. She did that during teething. She doesn't even chew on the arms anymore.

• Great pics. She is beautiful.
    It's so exciting to hear them talk. Dolce talks for her daddy more than her mommy. He walks in the door and she starts barooing with her head up high. Makes me jealous, but I love when she does it. Hope to see more pics.

Suggested Topics