• This past weekend Chance and I decided to drive out of town to visit my family. Everything went great until the trip home. I decided on taking a back road so I would avoid traffic coming back into the Bay Area. I knew this back road had a ton of cops but I just wanted to get home!
    While driving, I came to a semi climbing a hill so I sped up to pass em. Little did I know, a CHP was at the top of the pass and clocked me going 70 MPH in a 55 zone :eek: OOPS
    Well he pulled me over and little Chance decided to wake up. He got really excited to see this person at my window and he started screaming and getting a little too excited. The officer had never seen a Basenji before and was not familiar with the screams. Chance would not quiet down so the officer asked me to shut him up. Ha! I informed him that the only way to do so would be to let him out of his crate. The officer would not let me get out of the vehicle to do so. Here I am in a car with a screaming Basenji and a cop telling me over and over again to quiet him down! Not to mention he was getting a little angry at this time. Purfect timeing huh?!!
    Finally after a few minutes of this he gave in and let me take him out of the crate. :rolleyes:
    I still got the ticket but at least Chance was allowed out 😃
    Im sure this Pleasanton CHP won't forget this experience! Hahaha

• LOL, cops are not always the brightest

• @Vanessa626:

I still got the ticket but at least Chance was allowed out 😃
    Im sure this Pleasanton CHP won't forget this experience! Hahaha

I hope he peed on the cop's leg!! :p

How did Chance do with the car sickness?

• Are you kidding me??!! :eek: I'm appalled at that request. What difference does it make to him if my dog is barking or not??? It has absolutely nothing to do with the ticket or the infraction…good grief...do your job & leave the poor dog be!!

Sorry I've had some terrible run in's with officers living near New York City you can imagine it's NY Attitude vs. NY Attitude...lol 😃

I probably would have told him..uh NO I'm not going to shut him up. I don't have to & you can't make me! 😃

• @jys1011:

Are you kidding me??!! :eek: I'm appalled at that request. What difference does it make to him if my dog is barking or not??? It has absolutely nothing to do with the ticket or the infraction…good grief...do your job & leave the poor dog be!!

Sorry I've had some terrible run in's with officers living near New York City you can imagine it's NY Attitude vs. NY Attitude...lol 😃

I probably would have told him..uh NO I'm not going to shut him up. I don't have to & you can't make me! 😃

Hahahahaha! I wish I would of…especially since I STILL got the ticket 😕 We always try to act all sweet and innocent to try to get out of it...If only I knew that he was going to be by the book 😉

• "Sorry sir, he always does this when he smells bacon."

Just kidding of course. I've met 10X more nice cops, than idiot/rude cops.

Vegas

• @Vegas:

"Sorry sir, he always does this when he smells bacon."

Ha! That's funny. 😃 It's sure not fun getting a ticket though. Sure sorry to hear that. Stinkin' slow semi 🙂

Suggested Topics