• Hi,

I've been lurking a bit and decided to take the plunge tonight and introduce myself and our brindle Basenji boy (Moses). We live in Tennessee and have owned Moses since Feb. 6, 2011. He was a tad over 9 weeks at that time. He is our first Basenji.

It's been a learning experience for everyone and we wouldn't take anything for Moses. I'm going to try and add a few pictures to this post. If I mess it up, I'll try again later.

I read the story behind this site and and was heart breaking. Thanks for creating this site.

Von

• Hi…

Your puppy is adorable 🙂

• Glad you finally checked in with the group. Such a nice looking brindle you have!

• First Basenji's

Very pretty brindle stripes!
    Moses' name makes me think of the line from Goodbye My Lady, how they describe the Basenji breed as being "older than Moses".

• Welcome…. who did you get your pup from? Many of us are related by our Basenjis.

• What a beautiful dog! Welcome.

It helps, btw, if you make your pictures a bit smaller. 🙂

• @Moth:

Hi…

Your puppy is adorable 🙂

Thank You! 🙂

• @Kipawa:

Glad you finally checked in with the group. Such a nice looking brindle you have!

Thank You! and what a friendly group it is!

• @curlytails:

Very pretty brindle stripes!
    Moses' name makes me think of the line from Goodbye My Lady, how they describe the Basenji breed as being "older than Moses".

Thank you! 🙂 It took a little longer to find brindle.

My wife came up with his name. She was thinking of the the African/Egypt connection and his wrinkled forehead (making him look as old as Moses). We want to see Goodbye My Lady but have not yet. I wonder if its on Netflix or Playon.tv?

• @tanza:

Welcome…. who did you get your pup from? Many of us are related by our Basenjis.

Thank you Tanza. We got him from Colorado and his family name is Avongara Worth. The breeder's name is Heidi and she is listed on the AKC site under Colorado. She may still have one male puppy left who looks A LOT like Moses.

• @DebraDownSouth:

What a beautiful dog! Welcome.

Thank you Debra!

Thanks again! Let me know what you think of the new smaller size.:rolleyes:

• @DebraDownSouth:

Thanks! Let me know what you think of the new smaller size.:rolleyes:

• @DebraDownSouth:

Thanks. I hope thats better… :rolleyes:

• Welcome to the forum. Your boy is just beautiful - the brindles are so striking. I believe you can get Goodbye My Lady on Amazon.com - that's where I got my version. It's not the greatest movie ever shown, but it's a really nice representation for the Basenjis.

• Thanks very much!

• Sorry about the multiple repeat posts. :o

• @Von:

Thank you Tanza. We got him from Colorado and his family name is Avongara Worth. The breeder's name is Heidi and she is listed on the AKC site under Colorado. She may still have one male puppy left who looks A LOT like Moses.

Not familar with a breeder named Heidi and don't see her has a member of BCOA? What are his Sire and Dam's name?

• Her listing has disappeared from the AKC classifieds.

I help Sally Wallis maintain her pedigree database. We could get Moses added if you are willing to share his registered name, akc number, date of birth, sire's name, and dam's name.

• I believe Heidi York. If you check the Avongara data base you'll see her name on some of those dogs. Usually co-bred with Donna Lubbe, i think.

• @Von:

Thanks again! Let me know what you think of the new smaller size.:rolleyes:

PERFECT, lol helps keep the page from scrolling.

I love your dog! What a cutie pie!

Suggested Topics