• @Kipawa:

hi Hazel-up. I'm sorry to hear that you lost your dog to cancer. I hope you can find one that fits in well with you and your family. Dogs add so much to our lives!

@Kipawa:

I just hope that we can concentrate on providing Hazel-up with all necessary avenues of information so she and her family can welcome a new dog to their home. It does sound like they are ready to be loving dog owners again.

Thank you Fran.

• Yes, thank you Fran for helping to get this thread back on track. I am sorry it has wandered so far away from the original request ๐Ÿ™‚

• Thank you, Fran. Sorry for the hijacking.

And Hazel-up, no matter where you get your next dog, clearly it is in for a happy home. ๐Ÿ™‚

• And Hazel-up, no matter where you get your next dog, clearly it is in for a happy home. ๐Ÿ™‚

Many thanks, Debra.

• hazel
    i almost never post here on the forum because of some of the issues that were addressed here

however, im going to take a deep breath and give it a shot as i have the MOST wonderful foster here at my home in maine

if he is not adopted soon im afraid i will have to keep him which means no more fostering for me ):

his name thru brat is Dutch
    i call him mischa
    he is an absolutely incredible basenji
    all of the problems people normally talk about having with basenjis are absent in dutch
    he is 8 years old and does have a couple of health issues but as i said he IS incredible, sort of like a wise old man with 4 legs and fur

if he sounds like something that might work for you i can tell you more ( i love to talk about him) ๐Ÿ™‚
    heather

• Hi Heather, yes let's talk some more. How shall we do that privately? Thru Brat?

• hi hazel
    i cant figure out how to post privately but if you would like to give me a call at we can talk about dutch and you can see if he sounds like a fit for you and if so then you can contact brat and go from there ๐Ÿ™‚
    so will look forward to hearing from you
    thanks
    heather

• roger that, heatherโ€ฆ

• Well since you took a snark, the op can read and evaluate your issues with posting on her own ๐Ÿ™‚ :
    http://www.basenjiforums.com/showthread.php?t=10584

http://www.basenjiforums.com/showthread.php?t=10188

• @hazel-up:

Hi Heather, yes let's talk some more. How shall we do that privately? Thru Brat?

Hi, Hazel-up,

The best way to talk about Dutch is to contact his BRAT Coordinator:

"If you think you could provide Dutch with love, activity, and evening cuddle-time, please read the data sheet below carefully, complete the BRAT adoption form (if you have not previously done so) and contact BRAT coordinator, Roberta Kosek. The coordinator's link will take you to a form that will ask you your name, e-mail address, the city and state you live in, why this dog is perfect for your family, a typical day in your household, and, if applicable, how you plan to transport Dutch."

Roberta Kosek is the person to whom you should be talking if you are interested in Dutch. His web listing can be found at this link:
    http://www.basenjirescue.org/DOGS/ME/ME-Dutch.asp

Sincerely.
    debbi j.

• Thanks, Debbi. We talked about it and decided that Maine is a bit far for us to travel. ๐Ÿ˜ž

• Hazel-up, as you can see we are full of advice and often we get a bit heated. Rest assured that we all love these basenjis of ours and want to help anyone who has issues or needs advice.
    Its a great group, and you will have a lot of interesting things to learnโ€ฆ

• Thanks, Sharron, I know you do. It's all good.

• Hello. I realize this thread is dated, but are you still looking for an adult Basenji in MD? We just learned we have baby #2 on the way and we're very concerned how displaced our adult Basenji is going to feel.

Don't hesitate to contact me if there is still an interest.

Sincerely,
    Mae

• Hi Mae,

Thank you, we adopted from BRAT last year and are really happy. Where are you in MD? If you're near me, in the Washington DC area we should talkโ€ฆ

• Mae, who is the breeder of your dog? The breeder should be contacted first as most reputable breeders will take back their dogs. If the breeder will not, please go to the BRAT-Basenji Rescue and Transport website at www.basenjirescue.org and fill out a form about giving up your dog.

Jennifer

• Mae, If you've already decided to give him/her up then Jennifer's idea is excellent. But if you'd prefer to keep him and you need help with that, I can help you. I'm a pro trainer in this area and can give you lots of tools and strategies for keeping your basenji.

Please reply here and I'll be happy to exchange information.

• Please try a trainer first! I just did not want the dog being posted on Craigslist and being given/sold to someone who is not familiar with Bs! There have been so many listed on Craigslist lately.

Jennifer

Suggested Topics