Skip to content

I have a Basenji mix, Jersey. Does anyone know what she could be mixed with?

Show Off Your Dog

Suggested Topics

  • Am I a Basenji Mix?

    Show Off Your Dog
    4
    2 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    J
    I don’t think you are, dang it and I want ALL the dogs to be Basenji! Still… great looking pup. Get a DNA test. If that pup has ANY Basenji in it, I’ll send you a beer. 👊😁👍
  • My Basenji mix....

    Show Off Your Dog
    10
    3 Votes
    10 Posts
    9k Views
    K
    What a cutie!!!! :)
  • Is Bailey a Basenji mix?

    Show Off Your Dog
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    11k Views
    eeeefarmE
    @DebraDownSouth said in Is Bailey a Basenji mix?: That said, I'd love to have a basenji with a bit longer softer coat, zero animal aggression and not such bed hogs. Any suggestions on an admix there? How about a Papillon? That might make for an interesting addition. :)
  • Basenji Mix?

    Show Off Your Dog
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    2k Views
    No one has replied
  • 0 Votes
    7 Posts
    6k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Oh the pain of your question and my answer. Sobbing. I have 2 basenji… neither of them yodel. Arwen doesn't even do the basenji BOOF (though she does make demonic noises when annoyed). Cara is great at boof boof noise, and she DOES the yawning noises. But there is a scumball in FL breeding basenjis with probably corgis.. at any rate, producing "low riders"... bodies like basenjis but dwarfed legs. They yodel their freaking heads off. Sniff sniff. They boof. And I know a lot of other mixes that indeed do not dog bark, but make all the basenji noises.
  • Basenji mix?

    Show Off Your Dog
    17
    0 Votes
    17 Posts
    10k Views
    Q
    Wow! That is certainly a fascinating mix! ;-) Two sighthounds and a Spitz in there, so will probably see much the same sorts of behaviour as Bs….I bet she's quite a runner too! Good look with your girl!