I understand and support spay/neuter for rescues.
I understand spay/neuter when several dogs and owners simply need to for management issues.
But otherwise, I have come to be more and more and more anti-spay/neuter as more research piles up.
I suggest you read up, research, talk to the breeders, but unless your contract specifies when.. you decide. If your dog comes down with bone cancer (known link with other dogs, no idea yet if with others but research is ongoing)… you, not me, not your vet, not the breeders, suffer the heartbreak (and costs).
I think it is a decision that only the owner gets to make, but to be honest, left to me, I'd do a doggy "vasectomy" on a dog and at least CONSIDER doing a tube tie a female if I had a choice. It isn't uncommon in Europe. Because of increased mammary cancers we are very brow beaten to say it is a MUST for bitches... when the truth is, it's 7 percent if done before first heat, at least 26 percent if before 2nd, and no reduction in risks after that. If you wait, be diligent in examining so you catch it early. It still is your choice. With your pup, you have a whole lot more options... one of the boy perks.
The Unspoken Truth About Spaying/Neutering Our Pets.