Skip to content

A very good boy, in LA

Basenji Rescue

Suggested Topics

  • 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    2k Views
    No one has replied
  • 2 Basenji boys in Spokane, WA shelter

    Basenji Rescue
    21
    0 Votes
    21 Posts
    14k Views
    S
    Thank you all for the support. I do so appeciate it.
  • Milo - Tri boy in Idaho shelter

    Basenji Rescue
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    dashD
    I can see if the shelter contacted us. Sometimes the shelters would prefer to place them themselves. They need the money. I will let BRAT know though.
  • Basenji Boy in IA needs home

    Basenji Rescue
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    7k Views
    SarahRNS
    Taz has been in foster care through the Midwest Dog Resuce Network since he was turned over by the breeder (I believe around 8 months old). He had two sisters in foster care with him for a short time but they were adopted quickly. They were all shown on the BRAT website but were not evaluated by, or in the care of BRAT. He is such a handsome boy, I had given some serious thought to adopting him until they updated his profile to say that "he likes to be the boss". My female B absolutely has to be the boss of all other dogs (!) so I knew this combo wouldn't work out :( Here is the link to the organization caring for him: http://midwestdogrescuenetwork.com/default.aspx
  • Male B in Baton Rouge, LA shelter

    Basenji Rescue
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    5k Views
    S
    Most of my shelters call basenji rescue when they get a basenji in. That is because selling a basenji to a family who hasn't a clue to what they are getting, makes the dog come back to the shelter. They know basenji rescue is a good thing. I hope someone can get him out. Maybe they can send a family who has been screened to the shelter to adopt it out directly. That would be better then the dog being left in the shelter, imo.
  • Good Home

    Basenji Rescue
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    3k Views
    S
    please contact me privately. I would be happy to help you. Sharron Hurlbut