Skip to content

HANDSOME basenji boy in Ohio!

Basenji Rescue

Suggested Topics

  • 0 Votes
    3 Posts
    6k Views
    WeLuvBasenjisW
    We rescued our current B from Medfly - just north of LA. Karen at Medfly was wonderful to work with and we love our little girl!
  • Basenji-mix Pups for rescue in Ohio

    Basenji Rescue
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    14k Views
    D
    I rescued a young Sheltie/Basenji mix many years ago from a Columbus OH shelter for BEAR-Basenji Education and Rescue. She was trouble for the shelter and was kept in a separate area. She loved to lure course and she also would go after balls and bring them back to you! Looked just like a Basenji but with longer fur and her tail was not tightly curled. Dr. Tracy used to joke that we could trim her and get an ILP number from AKC! She found an excellent home. Jennifer
  • Is this a basenji [mix]

    Basenji Rescue
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    5k Views
    JazzysMomJ
    @Quercus: I would guess boxenji :) That's my thought too. I don't see the pitt.
  • Basenjis on Craigslist

    Basenji Rescue
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    7k Views
    YodelDogsY
    @Janneke: Sahel is a gorgeous girl! I hope she finds a good home soon! This is what I don't understand.. The pup is about a year old and the owner wants to get rid of her because: "I'll be traveling and working more this year, so I'm finding a new home for a beautiful and sweet female Basenji" What about thinking before getting a dog :( It is possible that the owner has a new job, something possibly unexpected especially with the sketchy job market in the US presently. In any case it sounds as if the owner cares about her and would like to find a good home.
  • One more rescue: B boy in Ohio

    Basenji Rescue
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    tashaT
    He is so cute!!! I hope they find him a good home.
  • Basenji Boy in IA needs home

    Basenji Rescue
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    7k Views
    SarahRNS
    Taz has been in foster care through the Midwest Dog Resuce Network since he was turned over by the breeder (I believe around 8 months old). He had two sisters in foster care with him for a short time but they were adopted quickly. They were all shown on the BRAT website but were not evaluated by, or in the care of BRAT. He is such a handsome boy, I had given some serious thought to adopting him until they updated his profile to say that "he likes to be the boss". My female B absolutely has to be the boss of all other dogs (!) so I knew this combo wouldn't work out :( Here is the link to the organization caring for him: http://midwestdogrescuenetwork.com/default.aspx