Skip to content

The Modern Basenji Magazine

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Basenji in Dog Fancy magazine January 2012 issue

    Basenji Talk
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    6k Views
    Marie HeidebrechtM
    It's a very well-written article and I think it accurately describes the basenji's idiosyncrasies that we all know and love and that the average person would find frustrating. I think the take-home message for those who don't know basenjis is that they should educate themselves more before taking the "plunge". Personally, I was thrilled to see a b/w pictured. My only complaint is that the main cover dog wasn't a basenji!
  • Is this a Basenji??

    Basenji Talk
    20
    0 Votes
    20 Posts
    18k Views
    G
    My Basenji Billy is quite undershot; he's a purebred, his bottom jaw just didn't stop growing when it was supposed to. That's okay, I'm a bit of a sucker for a dog with an underbite anyway.:) He was my first rescue Basenji.
  • The Modern Basenji - Worldwide

    Basenji Talk
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    3k Views
    NemoN
    Okay I'm stupid. I should have searched better first. Lisa Stewart already posted. Oops.
  • Basenji in magazine

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    K
    I bought one for Blaze last year as he would walk up to the bed then whine, then make a feeble attempt to get up and we had to help him. He refused to use them! Every once in a while he still does the feeble whine thing, but usually he just takes a running jump. He's still pretty agile for 16.
  • The Basenji magazine

    Basenji Talk
    19
    0 Votes
    19 Posts
    15k Views
    S
    I've e-mailed you as well Lisa :)
  • Free Sample copy of The Basenji magazine

    Basenji Talk
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    3k Views
    tanzaT
    @Itzyu: FYI - I saw the thread about The Basenji magazine. You can get a free sample copy of The Basenji by emailing julie@thebasenji.com - no charge for a free sample copy. If you are a Basenji breeder, you can request a free copy for any or all of your new puppy owners - just email Julie their names and addresses. If you do Basenji rescue, you can request a free copy for any or all of your new rescue homes - just email Julie their names and addresses. One sample per household please. If you like your sample copy and decide you'd like to subscribe, you can go online to www.thebasenji.com and either pay online (via PayPal or credit card) or mail a check to the address at the web site. Again, the contact person for samples is julie@thebasenji.com Take care, Lisa www.thebasenji.com Great Magazine for all Basenji lovers!!!!!