Orijen Puppy vs. Nature's Variety Instinct?

• Nemo- I am interested in ANYTHING Basenji- lol! I have heard a lot lately about that video so I am going to have to watch it. I don't know why but as I get closer to the "pick up" date I keep getting more and more nervous I'm not going to have my ducks in a row :rolleyes: I feel like my b puppy is going to start quizzing me and I won't be prepared!!

• @Nemo:

Pat Hastings has a method for evaluating puppies that I find really interesting and I believe several breeders on this forum may use at least some version of her methods or have at least referenced her. Her "Puppy Puzzle" DVD is interesting to watch if you find conformation evaluation interesting, lol. I'd have to rewatch the video to catch her exact comments around food, but they were more observational on her part I believe not nutritional studies.

Thanks I will take a look into her work!

• @Chealsie508:

Nemo- I am interested in ANYTHING Basenji- lol! I have heard a lot lately about that video so I am going to have to watch it. I don't know why but as I get closer to the "pick up" date I keep getting more and more nervous I'm not going to have my ducks in a row :rolleyes: I feel like my b puppy is going to start quizzing me and I won't be prepared!!

No basenjis in the video, unfortunately. It's more for breeders but I found it useful to learn about dog structure.

• Anything I can use as a training tool for myself will be helpful.lol

• I used Orijen for a few months. Our boy seemed to like it, but sometimes he would skip a meal. But then we switched to Nature's Variety and he seems to like it even better, hasn't missed a meal in over a year! Both great dog foods though!

Suggested Topics