• First Basenji's

Hi everyone,

This is the only "place" I know with dog lovers from Florida, so I hope you don't mind the non-Basenji related post.

Kai Ken are quite "primitive" dogs from Japan, NOT the type that's just going to come out to any stranger. Imagine if a Basenji got lost at an international airport? Yeah, it'd be about as skittish and elusive…

ANYONE IN THE ORLANDO AREA: LOST KAI KEN LAST SEEN IN ORLANDO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT PARKING LOT TERMINAL B, LEVEL 1, ROW M. HER NAME IS MOCHI. She is about 20lbs, one year old, & looks like a little fox.

She is wearing a collar, is spayed, & has a HomeAgain microchip.

Mochi was shipped from Denver to Orlando, she got out of the crate in the parking lot. She is lost. Please, if you see her or know anyone who can help find her please LET US KNOW!!

Brad Anderson contact phone: 575.751.0207
    Osy Yassen contact phone: 407.973.9077
    Lost on November 20th, 2010. ~

Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-us-find-Mochi/109156792487710?v=wall

• What a darling dog, I do hope she is found safe.

• I will be in Orlando tomorrow…. I'll keep a look out!
    Do you know if the chip was registered with Homeagain?

• First Basenji's

Patty, that's awesome. If you know any good resources in the area, I'm sure Brad and Osy would appreciate the contact (phone or FB above seem to be good modes of contact).

The chip is registered.

There was another sighting at the airport at least a day ago. I don't know how the airport is laid out, if it's contained… I feel like as long as she continues to be sighted, chance of recovery is high.

• The airport is very spread out; there are two major toll roads that go right to it, but there is also a lot of woods and terrain that would be safe territory. Have they listed on Craig's List? I'm scanning the Florida ads now for a found dog; I don't think anyone would know the breed name (and you may want them to NOT advertise it, as it becomes a treasure/investment instead of a lost family member…).

• First Basenji's

I think they're advertising the breed because they DON'T want her mistaken for a fox or a wolf, as she looks very wild. Last thing they want is for someone to shoot her thinking she's a dangerous predator. But they're downplaying her "rarity" for fear of exactly what you describe – that someone will just decide to keep her instead. At least she's spayed.

They've supposedly hit Craigslist, FindFido, Petfinder, Dogster, breed mailing lists, rescue groups, even Reddit.

Suggested Topics