Skip to content

Pet sitter in Sacramento area

Basenji Talk
  • We are going out of town next Friday thru Tuesday (Oct 1 - 5) just wondering if anyone in the Sacramento area has any recommendations for pet sitters? The person I have had watching them when we go out of town is not available this time, I liked her cause she stayed at the house. I've found others that will stay, but it's just so expensive. I have found a vet tech that does pet sitting on the side who can stop by in the morning and evening to pill Tayda and let the dogs out - but I wonder if they will just get too restless being alone the rest of the time. Though they mostly sleep anyway.

    Does anyone use pet sitters that just stop by 2 or 3 times a day to let them out and feed when they go away? I wonder if they will be okay if I use this new person who is going to stop by during the day but not stay the night. I suppose I could also ask the neighbors to come let them out one or two times a day so that they won't be cooped up for so much of the time.

    I feel like it'd be better for them to be bored in their own home, rather than anxious and out of place at a kennel or other boarding facility.

    Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.

Suggested Topics

  • Chicagoland Area

    Basenji Talk
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    4k Views
    No one has replied
  • Winston Salem/Triad area, NC sitters?

    Basenji Talk
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    3k Views
    lisastewartL
    Not sure how far that is from Raleigh, but one of my whippet friends has a very nice boarding kennel in Raleigh and might know of some home care people. Her website is: http://tcanimalcare.com/
  • Dog sitter/walker in Portland, OR, area?

    Basenji Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    4k Views
    M
    Yes, I already have a message in with my vet's office, but I figured I would have more of a chance to find a basenji-crazed sitter in the forums! @sharronhurlbut: Have you called your vet and asked for a pet referal re this service? That would be the first place I would ask.
  • Leaving pets alone

    Basenji Talk
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    16k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    LOL well she probably liked it better when I took her, but if not, oh well… lol. Also, btw, the neighbors said their dog's name was Sarah. I thought, how sweet. Til I found out why... it was short for "Midnight Serenade" ... which she did and you could hear even if she was in the house lol.
  • Pet Sitter needed in central OH

    Basenji Talk
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    5k Views
    RedVelvetLynxR
    @dash: Thanks! We went right after X-mas. We ended up using someone from Craigslist. She was wonderful. I actually have 1 Basenji, 1 Beagle and currently 2 foster Basenjis. So it is a house full. Oh!!! I didn't see the date on your initial e-mail!!! A bit slow, I suppose….;). Oh well - for future reference.....:)
  • Pet Store Picture

    Basenji Talk
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    5k Views
    snorky998S
    Cute picture! Aren't gerbils just small, caged squirrels to our B's?;) Cute collar, too. Is that a 2" martingale? I've been looking at all the links posted lately (re: daughter's/dogs X-mas surprise) but can't picture in my mind how the hound collars will look on my dogs. (They always show the large hounds as 'models'…..don't they know our Basenjis are much prettier on the runway??:D )