Skip to content

I am a pet sitter

Basenji Talk
  • Hello, I'm a new member to the forum. I am retired, but started a pet sitting business in North Georgia Mountains several years ago. If you have any questions you would like to ask about pet sitters and how to hire one, I'd be glad to help. There are very good sitters, and there are really bad ones. Despite the fact a sitter is registered with national pet sitter organizations doesn't make them a good sitter, trust me. I also own four dogs, including one newly adopted Basenji, and have two pet sitters who help me out when I need to go away.

  • Welcome And thanks i will hold u in mind when i have a petsitting question thanks again :)

Suggested Topics

  • Buxton needs a sitter ...

    Basenji Talk
    11
    2 Votes
    11 Posts
    4k Views
    ZandeZ
    @buxton-s-dad I remember tracing your boy for inclusion in the database on line and finding two further siblings from that litter. So - this morning I went back to the AKC website and discovered two more from this litter have been registered - so I have 5 in all from the 6. They will all appear this evening after I have finished entering all the incoming OFA test results !
  • Basenji sitter in NYC

    Basenji Talk
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    6k Views
    S
    Hi: I too am looking for a sitter in the NYC/New Jersey area – if you found someone, would you be willing to share that info? Thanks!
  • Dog Sitter (or any pet) Available in the Lexington Ky area

    Basenji Talk
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    3k Views
    No one has replied
  • Basenji at the pet store!

    Basenji Talk
    19
    0 Votes
    19 Posts
    9k Views
    PearlsMomP
    Kills me to see any dog caged. Heartbreaking. All I can do is love Pearl even more.
  • Pet Store Picture

    Basenji Talk
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    5k Views
    snorky998S
    Cute picture! Aren't gerbils just small, caged squirrels to our B's?;) Cute collar, too. Is that a 2" martingale? I've been looking at all the links posted lately (re: daughter's/dogs X-mas surprise) but can't picture in my mind how the hound collars will look on my dogs. (They always show the large hounds as 'models'…..don't they know our Basenjis are much prettier on the runway??:D )
  • Pet store basenji :(

    Basenji Talk
    97
    0 Votes
    97 Posts
    45k Views
    gemurrayG
    They just passed one of the strongest animal cruelty bills in the nation here in Utah. I just scanned through really quick and found this: "A person is guilty of cruelty to animals if the person intentionally, knowingly, recklessly, or with criminal negligence: […] transports or confines an animal in a cruel manner". I'm thinking that with the way that puppy mills treat the mothers would certainly qualify. Hopefully with the whole Michael Vick thing more states will get on the bandwagon and pass laws like Utah has! Make sure your state reps know how you feel about it!