Skip to content

11 yr old in Tucson needs a home!

Basenji Rescue

Suggested Topics

  • Josie - 9 year old TRI female - needs a special home

    Basenji Rescue
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    5k Views
    suzeeS
    I would take her in a heartbeat if I had room.. unfortunately I'm pushing my limits with my father already, as I've saved a few cats while living with him again. She sounds like a wonderful dog. I have no doubt that the bites were provoked. Dogs, especially Basenjis, can be very sensitive. If you don't understand that you're dealing with an animal that has feelings too, you're in trouble. I will keep her in my prayers. May she find the best fur-ever home!
  • OTTAWA, ON 2.5 yr old Male Basenji needs home

    Basenji Rescue
    20
    0 Votes
    20 Posts
    14k Views
    I
    Hello there! i am interested in this dog to add to my loving family. I would love to adopt this dog if not yet adopted, but need more information on him. If you could email me back, we could talk and set up a time and place. Regards
  • 0 Votes
    23 Posts
    16k Views
    G
    I'm so glad that those girls ended up with such a good home, lucky them, and lucky you too! I really like the dark brindle one, I'd inquired about her, so I'm happy you have her. Now I know where she is. @avdpierre: Now I just need to find names….their names are Shotgun (not a girls name) and Bella. I would really like African names. My last B was Sundiata Ngoma Kibushi. He was the best B ever! I like the name Shotgun, though it may be better suited for a sporting dog, and as for it not being a girl's name, who sez? If it were me, I'd be keeping the name Shotgun, Bella? that would be the name I'd be changing.
  • 0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    S
    perryakramer, thank you for informing BRAT. I hope they let BRAT help them rehome this lovely boy.
  • Zz 2 yr old PB r/w girl in KY foster home

    Basenji Rescue
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    KipawaK
    So very sad - I hope this lovely girl finds her forever home.
  • 4 yr old Tri Boy- Comox Valley, Canada- 11/30

    Basenji Rescue
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    4k Views
    tanzaT
    I am curious Patty M, did they or have they talked to this boy's breeder? Since they say he was the "dominate" in the litter, they must have gone directly to a breed or so it seems. It so sounds like typical behavior from a young "teen" dog that has not had proper training from the get go and from an owner that was totally unprepared for a Basenji All that said, great advise