• What a lovely boy and welcome to the forum.

• Would you mind sharing Anubis's full registered name (the name on his AKC papers), his Date of Birth and AKC number so he can be included in Sally's Pedigree Database, http://pedigrees.zandebasenjis.com

I noticed when I looked up his parents that Sally doesn't have any info on the litter. Also, when you had the Fanconi test done on him did you include his parent's registration numbers as well as his full data so that information is included in his OFA listing?

• He is AKC registered. And he totally fits the breed standards. I know how their conformation is supposed to be. Ive done a lot of research on the breed before I decided to get him. I have to find his papers. I packed them away somewhere in my room. If I decide to breed ever Id probably get 2 different Basenji's from an actual BREEDER. Like a reputable one. I doubt i'll end up breeding him anyways.

Thunderbird: Thats cool that your first B was nicknamed Anubis as well. I chose the name because of the Basenji's Egyptian history that I read about. And he IS very much full of mischief lol. He's only 2 years old so he's still very young and active haha.

• And Shaye's Mom: Yeah Anubis uses it as a Frisbee as well lol. He also has a sock that he throws everywhere lol. And here's a new picture taken this afternoon. That blanket he's holding, used to be a large one…he dragged it out of his crate and tore it up. So it's small now lol.

Mom Play With Me!

• Please help the basenji community to have a complete and accurate pedigree database by providing the name, birth date, and registration number for your boy so he can be included in the Basenji Pedigree Database. Even if all you have is his registered name that would be helpful.

If you don't want to post it, you can PM me or send an email. My email is on my website which is listed in my profile.

• If you have never been to Sally's pedigree site, it is a great place to explore and for breeders it is a weath of information. But as with all things, the more complete data that we have the better, especially for breeders that are always looking at pedigree's.

Same goes for health information, the more testing that is done and is available on an open data base, the more informaton breeders have to make good breeding decisions. People that DNA test for Fanconi for example and do not put information like the AKC number/sire/dam makes that information mostly useless for people that are trying to make good breeding decisions. (Obviously it is totally a different story for a rescue who's info is not known).

• Tanza - Anubis's parents are on Sally's web site but no test details - I put in both names and got the pedigree.

• @Patty:

Tanza - Anubis's parents are on Sally's web site but no test details - I put in both names and got the pedigree.

Right, but the litter that Anubis came from is not part of those records, which was lvoss's comment. And he is not listed in the OFA database under the name of Anubis for Fanconi testing, which was another one of lvoss's questions

• Apologies Tanza and Ivoss - I didn't check the breeding records.

• @Patty:

Apologies Tanza and Ivoss - I didn't check the breeding records.

No apology necessary….:D

Suggested Topics