So relieved… Fanconi results prob norm/clr

• Being naive and new to the breed I took a risk that I probably fully didn't appreciate when I got Tadgh of not getting a pup from Fanconi test parents. Although his Dad being a sprightly and healthy 11 years old when he sired the litter I thought I should be OK.

So I was very happy to get the Probably normal/clear result this week. 😃

Having been through this process my heart goes out to all those who get an affected result for their beloved Basenji's.

• JayCee, so glad for you that you got such good news.

• That's wonderful! Congrats with this great result 🙂

• It really is wonderful to KNOW isn't it. I hope everyone who has a b gets them tested.
    It gives you information you need for the future.

• Congrats, great to hear!

• Thank you all!

I too can see no credible reason for not testing - if its good news, Yippee! If its bad news at least you are able to manage your dog's health with knowledge and information.

Sadly I think lack of knowledge, and the 'head in the sand' syndrome pose the biggest threats to our dog's health - irrespective of breed.

Jane

• Congratulations on your results. I totally agree with you re 'head in the sand'
    as you say it occurs in many breeds - if only they knew about successful eradications of inherited problems where breeders have taken their responsibilties responsibly.

• Congratulations! Even with my girl being from clear parents it was such a relief to get a clear result. It must be devestating to recieve an "affected" 😞 Hopefully if breeders make use of the testing we will see an end to fanconi in a few generations 🙂

• im so pleased for you , i know how it feels to have a dog come back probably affected

• Great result Jane

Suggested Topics