Skip to content

New fiction book - a nice read

Basenji Talk
  • A couple of days ago I picked up a new 2010 book called "One Good Dog" by Susan Wilson. It had been reviewed in one of our newspapers, and it sounded like a decent book. I wasn't disappointed.

    It's the story of a very successful businessman who falls on hard times, and the rescued pitbull that comes into his life. I won't say more as I hate it when something is reviewed and the review basically gives the whole story away. They do that with movie trailers too - after watching them I always feel there is no reason to go to the movie.

    The book is currently only published as a hardcover, selling in the U.S. for $22.99 and in Canada for $27.99. I'm sure that in 6 months to a year it will be out as a paperback.

  • Thanks for that recommendation, I needed something good to read, besides Otis new owners manual, the behaviorist books..lol.

  • I'll show this to my niece…she has three pits and was involved in rescue until her son was born two years ago. She is a HUGE pit advocate. Sounds like something she might like.

Suggested Topics

  • New Basenji!!

    Basenji Talk
    19
    3 Votes
    19 Posts
    17k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    @rugosa LOL on the pig ear. But it's not just a basenji trait. One night it was storming and one of my rotts was fixated on one of the bedroom windows. I looked, there was a toad on the screen! The dog was so intense about wanting to get to it, my daughter went out in the rain and moved it from the window. From then until she died, day or night, I had to let her in the bedroom when it stormed to make sure the once-in-a-lifetime visitor wasn't there. They think more than many people give them credit for.
  • New pup!

    Basenji Talk
    22
    1 Votes
    22 Posts
    12k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    @jalex said in New pup!: @senjisilly i read in quite a few different places that looking at their teeth is an issue. She wont let me do anything actually but she does let me hold her. Its been a rough week. As with any dog/breed you need to be sure theyre a fit for your family and so far if she is a B I'm struggling to believe itll work out but we're trying! I appreciate the input and guidance, thank you! She's a puppy. Her behaviors are puppy behavior... period. Puppies bite, they do what they can get away with. She is darling, she definitely looks very basenji. But if you really have doubts, contact basenji rescue and let them find her a home while she's still a puppy. Frankly, I suspect you are letting BASENJI close your vision. They have quirks, but overall no better or worse than most breeds. All dogs take patience and that you be at least as persistent as they are. At her age, she doesn't get the option of "won't allow me to do anything." Without yelling, hitting or rough behavior, you really can turn it all around. Right now is the time she must learn you can check her teeth, look between her toes, check her ears, etc. At some point in life, it may be critical, so training her NOW is important. But it can also be relationship building and fun. :) Mary has one of the easiest to follow sites. You just start working on training so that she comes to see you as the one to guide her. To entertain her by helping her use her brain. It will be okay. :) Training on left, issues on right: http://www.clickerlessons.com/index.htm You have a world of help here, you can do this. :)
  • New Book on Raising A Puppy

    Basenji Talk
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    9k Views
    R
    The book rising a puppy related is in market, It will guide you to take care of puppy. You can easily get it near you any any book shop. Otherwise you can find at pat care center you will get many more related to it.
  • Very nice collars

    Basenji Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    N
    Nick is very nice , he does this in his spare time , so if there is a delay in communication he is probably out on his hog . and will get back to you . the collars are excellent quality.
  • New Game

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    J
    Hollie would simply chew up the plastic bottle to get to the treats. She has done this with EMPTY bottles. That's my B!
  • New Addition

    Basenji Talk
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    7k Views
    J
    I think an original idea should be developed that is associated with bs. The weims dressed up is so classic for them. Bs should somehow be associated with messes. Maybe they should be paired with new furniture advertising or TP sales!!! Weims became so popular tho, they are having probs in rescue. They are very high energy and most people can't give them enough exercise. I think my idea would prevent Bs from becoming too popular and lots more ending up in rescue. :D