2 sightings in a one day, well sort of

• I took Chief to the vet today and who is sitting in the waiting room but a little brindle baby girl. I recall the new owner as a women who had stopped me on one of my walks with Zoe and fell in love with her. This was only a little over a month ago. Which sort of scares me. I hope this works out well. When we were finished with our check up she was gone. Hopefully I can run into her again and exchange numbers and lead her to this site. I asked her if the pup was checked for fanconi (I know when she talked to me about Zoe I mentioned this and all that goes with having a high energy dog). I think she said she got her girl from freemansburg PA.

My other was a sort of siting, because it was not seeing the basenji but the owner of a B seeing ours. Hubby and I stopped in to get a quick lunch after taking zoe and chief for a walk. He waited outside with the dogs while I was ordering. As I was leaving a woman asked if the Bs were mine. Turns out she lives in my town and is the owner of a 10yr old. I probably walk by her house all the time. Her B is not socialized she said and she has been bitten by him twice. Someone told her it was because she waited so long to neuter him. Is that possible? Our B Alphy was intact and as sweet as honey. In fact it was our female who couldnt abide other dogs and neither of them ever bit a human. Guess no puppy play date there. But it will be nice to talk to her.

• @Forever:

Her B is not socialized she said and she has been bitten by him twice. Someone told her it was because she waited so long to neuter him. Is that possible? Our B Alphy was intact and as sweet as honey. In fact it was our female who couldnt abide other dogs and neither of them ever bit a human. Guess no puppy play date there. But it will be nice to talk to her.

No. Diggie was 10 when he was neutered and he's always been a love. Jet is still intact and while a grump with the dogs, he is very nice with people. Both are also wonderful therapy dogs.

But it is a special thrill to find basenjis so close to home

• He could have low thyroid and needs medication. He should have a complete thyroid test done not just a t4.

I did see some B pups for sale on Oodle in Easton, PA for $230. I believe this is close to Freemansburg. They were posted just a week ago.

• Sounds like she went to a BYB for her puppy… doubt that it would have been tested for Fanconi... and wonder if even AKC registered?

• I also found another breeder about 35-40 miles away, Fortora Farms in Analomink, PA. They have B pups for sale on their website and on Puppyfind.

• I saw the listing in Analomink and that is only like 30 min from where I work. I even talked to him he said his were DNA tested and clear but there were several other breeds of puppies listed on his site which sent the red lights flashing and I looked elsewhere.

• @Forever:

I saw the listing in Analomink and that is only like 30 min from where I work. I even talked to him he said his were DNA tested and clear but there were several other breeds of puppies listed on his site which sent the red lights flashing and I looked elsewhere.

And I think you made the right choice….. IMO... of course since I have your boy's litter sister... I am a bit shaded in my opinion...ggggg

• yes i'm glad I got chief! and I think he is starting to feel at home he is all over the place and his tail has more curl than when we first brought him home. He and zoe are wrestling on the couch over a chew they seem to be sharing . I just wish hubby wouldnt worry so much he thinks zoe will hurt him and is always breaking them up. He wont believe me when I say that things are going just as they should. Besides he weighed in at 12 1/2 lbs at the vet yesterday so she only has around 4 lbs on him if that.

Suggested Topics