• Houston

Good to hear…keeping my fingers crossed for you all...remember persistance...tough love..

Did you adopt him through BRAT?

• If your daughter or you get this puppy into a gentle training class, it will make it easier on the whole family.

• Welcome, Copper's Family! I hope your daughter is also looking for basenji hints… there are many on here! The wonderful thing about basenjis is their non-malicious attitudes... if they chew on your paper or panties, it's because they taste yummy... not because they are mad or spiteful! 🙂

• yes i would still be interested but it sounds like you may have changed your mind about getting rid of him 😞

• I still have to talk to my daughter, she's going to University. I can't take care of him by myself. He was a year old in February. If she agrees, I would give him away to a good home where he would be loved, have lots of exercise, get to play with other dogs. He comes with a life time of dog training by a professional and is up to date on his shots. She may want visitation rights at least at first if that would be possible. He is 20 pounds, red and white, double curl tail. Always happy, good nature and energetic. He also has a brother that lives in Ottawa that may want to visit once in a awhile.

• @jds_truck:

I just want a pet. i am willing to rescue if there is one in the area available as long as it's not to , to sick actually would almost preffer to show a dog that has had a bad living so far that would truley appreciate a good home.

Many rescues are actually perfectly healthy dogs that find themselves in need of new homes for various reasons other than health concerns. Check out the BRAT website. Many wonderful basenjis looking for homes 🙂

If you are going through a breeder go with someone you can trust and build a relationship with for the dogs life. Some breeders need homes for older dogs as well and many good breeders are active in rescue too.

I hope you find a nice dog…good luck in your search.

Suggested Topics