Skip to content

Possible new sister for Sonny!

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • New Basenji!!

    Basenji Talk
    19
    3 Votes
    19 Posts
    17k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    @rugosa LOL on the pig ear. But it's not just a basenji trait. One night it was storming and one of my rotts was fixated on one of the bedroom windows. I looked, there was a toad on the screen! The dog was so intense about wanting to get to it, my daughter went out in the rain and moved it from the window. From then until she died, day or night, I had to let her in the bedroom when it stormed to make sure the once-in-a-lifetime visitor wasn't there. They think more than many people give them credit for.
  • So Is It Possible ?

    Basenji Talk
    23
    0 Votes
    23 Posts
    10k Views
    SchouiffyS
    Oh yay! what lovely information to wake up too. I thought I was going mad at first since i haven't noticed her bleeding yet, but I will get right no that order. Thanks much!
  • A new playmate

    Basenji Talk
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    6k Views
    wizardW
    Congrats on being a rescue home! They are both very beautiful and i just love her head spot.
  • New BCOA Member

    Basenji Talk
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    renaultf1R
    Congrats…I saw your name in the Bulletin that showed you were up for membership. :)
  • New Member

    Basenji Talk
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    5k Views
    J
    Thanks for your replies. I've started giving Sonia Glucosamine w/ MSM every day and we'll see how she does. I'll give you an update in about a month and let you know if it's helped or not.
  • Introducing a new Basenji into

    Basenji Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    5k Views
    jys1011J
    From what I understand…after reading a bit. Take the dogs for a long walk together...I mean REEEEAAALLY long. Have them get to know their territory & tire them out. Once tired & they've made the association that they are now part of your pack the meeting will go smoother (hopefully). Allow them to meet & greet but keep an eye out for signals...threatening behavior like lots of lip licking, growls, teeth, etc. if need be just get in between them & stay calm. They will now how to calm each other & they will know how to communicate with each other. GOOD LUCK & CONGRATS!!! :D