Our new puppy is coming on 15th March…

• Just got an email from the breeders of our new ACD puppy, saying she can deliver him to the Airport on 15th March… I cant wait, and Richard is even more excited !!!

We got our youngest dog from them, but unfortunately he suddenly, (and I say this with all confidence, cos it sure wasnt there when he arrived !!!), developed the most shocking east/west feet I have ever seen. We tried everything that was told to us to try to correct this problem, nothing worked. He was bought as a show dog, but he was really very unshowable. His breeder has been FANTASTIC, and this little boy is his replacement... It is such a shame, cos almost everything else about him, was JUST what we wanted... We have had some of the WORST luck with our ACD's since we started in 1989 with them. I truely believe that they are becoming one of the most medically/genetically/heredity disease prone breed of dog, judging by just what we have been through with them... It is so sad as they truely are our Aussie icon, but, for how much longer this will be the case, Im really not sure...

Somehow we started this silly food theme thingy with naming our ACD's. We have had "Tucka", (who was put down riddled with cancer at only 10 years), "Buffay", (she had a stroke at 4 yrs of age, recovered quite well, then had another one at close to 5 which took her life), and this dog that we are rehoming is called "Nosh" !!!

I would love any name suggestions for this young boy, so Im wondering if you could put your thinking caps on, and start sending some names through... The reason I ask this, is cos at the moment, Richard is thinking of calling him "GRUB", (it is Aussie slang for the word 'food'), yes, that was "Grub", so Im getting desperate to through some more names at him, hoping and praying he will forget about Grub, so to speak !!!

Pics of the lad, will be through soon...

PLEASE HELP ME :D:D:D

• Looking foward to seeing pics of your new Pup.
    We use the word Grub as a slang word for food too in the UK.

• I just dont think I can live with a Grub for 10-15 years :p:p

• Snarf (eat fast)
    Pig out (eat too much)
    Nibble (just a little bit)
    Roach Coach (one of those trucks that drive around to construction sites and such and
    vend food)
    Grab joint (like a street vendor–here it refers to carnival food vendors--where you grab
    the food and eat it on the go)

"Grub" isn't sounding so bad now, is it??:D

Congrats on the new pup. Hope all goes well this time!!

• well, if it's helpful, Jane Goodall called her son Grub. Always thought that was strange.

• I like Grub. Sorry.

• LOL… I like Grub.... :-).... I think it is just too cute... and sure you can live with it

• OMG…I love the name Grub...that is sooo cute! :D:D We haven't been much help, have we? LOL 😉

• Houston

I think Grub is a cool name..I like it.

• Well thanks guys for all the info…

snorky998, after reading your post, Im beginning to like the name Grub now :p:p:p

agilebasenji, how sad to call your own child that name... I cant deal with the name for a dog, I certainly couldnt deal with that name for my child :eek:...

The rest of you are absolutely NO help at all !!! All I can say, is thank Dog Mr Saba doesnt read the B Forum, or Id lose out entirely :D...

I have just found out that his registered name will be.....................Wait for it........................Lanbart Drinks Swears N Lies, so................................looks like we have a name for him now..........Can anyone guess what it might be ????????????????????????????????????????? Its really obvious, I think...............................................

• LOVE the registered name. I'll take a guess on his call name - Tiger? 😉

• @saba:

Well thanks guys for all the info…

snorky998, after reading your post, Im beginning to like the name Grub now :p:p:p

agilebasenji, how sad to call your own child that name... I cant deal with the name for a dog, I certainly couldnt deal with that name for my child :eek:...

The rest of you are absolutely NO help at all !!! All I can say, is thank Dog Mr Saba doesnt read the B Forum, or Id lose out entirely :D...

I have just found out that his registered name will be.....................Wait for it........................Lanbart Drinks Swears N Lies, so….............................looks like we have a name for him now..........Can anyone guess what it might be ????????????????????????????????????????? Its really obvious, I think...............................................

I don't know Saba, drinks swears n lies. Sounds like 99% of the population in Australia 😃 How about Sir Les Patterson :p

• @renaultf1:

LOVE the registered name. I'll take a guess on his call name - Tiger? 😉

Thats good, BUT…..........................................NOPE 😃

• @Forexjohnny:

I don't know Saba, drinks swears n lies. Sounds like 99% of the population in Australia 😃 How about Sir Les Patterson :p

Funny, very funny Forexjohnny, and sooooooooooooooooooo true, but sorry its not Sir Les Patterson 😃

REMEMBER, its food related…...........................................

• Completely OT, sorry to the OP…......................................................Oh thats right thats MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :p:p

Forexjohnny did you find yourself a B ??? Did you meet Davina ???

• Hmmm…my next guess is Foster?

• Yes I did meet Davina. I spent a few hours with her and her "kids". They are all great dogs who took it in turns to make themselves comfortable on me while I talked to her. :rolleyes: She had not set her breeding program then and by the time the puppies had arrived I had some changes in my life that has caused me to put on hold getting a puppie. It is only a temporary thing though, I do miss having a B in my life. 🙂

• Ok I will spill the beans…

I think we will be calling him Ramsey, after Gordon Ramsey, of course :p:p

Only 5 more sleeps...

• Ramsey….the pommie git. Can't you find some Aussie git instead :p
    Let's see what the little monster looks like first, I mean well he may look like Sir Les with all them good manners and looks. 🆒

Seriously good luck and I hope everything works out for you. I cry every time I look at my girl's puppie photo's where she is sitting in the palm of my hand. B puppies are the best. 😃

• @saba:

Ok I will spill the beans…

I think we will be calling him Ramsey, after Gordon Ramsey, of course :p:p

Only 5 more sleeps...

Ha, ha, ha…love the name!

Suggested Topics