• Today Haiku proved he' s a real B!
    He was in the living room and he went completely …crazy!,
    for about 20 minutes, i must have said the word "NO" at least 3.000 times,
    it was as if he didn't know what could be the worst he could try:
    bite holes in the carpet, digging holes in the sofa, finding all the shoes to chew,
    pulling the curtains down, biting the table ...and so on, he tried literally every possible disaster he could think of, just like a small mad hurricane.
    To be honest, it was a joy to watch him soooo alive...
    can't wait till vaccinations are over and start taking him for long walks - and hope they are going to make him tired enough.

• 😃 Yes i bet you can't wait to take him a verrrry long walk.

• Yes, more exercise will help with all this energy.

• Houston

Sounds like one normal basenji puppy..got a love'em. Yes, long walks are great for making sleepy puppies.

• @anmus:

Today Haiku proved he' s a real B!
    bite holes in the carpet, digging holes in the sofa, finding all the shoes to chew,
    pulling the curtains down, biting the table ...and so on, he tried literally every possible disaster he could think of, just like a small mad hurricane.
    can't wait till vaccinations are over and start taking him for long walks - and hope they are going to make him tired enough.

Buddy did this many times when I first got him. Couldn't take my eyes off him for a second in the house. And that's in addition to taking him for long walks. He's a little over a year old now and still does it occasionally:D

• @anmus:

Today Haiku proved he' s a real B!

I know exactly what your goin through man, Cairo does that about four times a week. He goes insane, like a little kid thats mad, throwing a tantrum. He'll be on the back of the couch, back of the recliner, chewin' the recliner and couch, chewin' the table, yankin' everything off the table, draggin' rugs all around the house, pullin' my shirt, my pant leg. All at the same time it seems like, like you said for about 20 minutes, then he'll lay down in a "Basenji position" and go to sleep.

I walk him for long walks all the time, but he is so energetic its unreal. I hope he will start to grow out of it with age.

• They are like little kids throwing mad tantrums. Why do little kids throw mad tantrums? They are overtired! When this happens at our house, (and it still does even though our boy is older now) one of us picks him up and holds him in our lap for a few minutes until he rather quickly falls asleep.

Try it and see…

• Is there any correlation between these bouts of madness and bowel movements? Just curious - my cats go running around, crazy mad after a deposit - like a bottle rocket going off in their behinds! 🙂

• I think it just a form of b madness, where they are so very happy they have us human slaves to tend them, they are doing a running "dance" of joy!
    But, that is just me.

• Kipawa - I literally burst out laughing at your response. Sounds like your cats have a lot of personality!

I can't wait to have a little B ripping around the house… guess I'm a masochist, but it does sound like a lot of fun.

• @Mango:

I can't wait to have a little B ripping around the house… guess I'm a masochist, but it does sound like a lot of fun.

Yes, exactly Mango. I too await the day where the Basenji 500 takes place in my home. It should be fun - we have hardwood floors! 😃

Suggested Topics