Male Basenji For Sale in Chicago, IL

• BRAT will not turn any dog away for lack of breeder info. We are more concerned with what his temperment is. Here is a link to rehome your B. We will not pay for him though. If you are interested in finding a home, and the breeder will not take him back, then please consider surrendering him to BRAT. we do our best to find the best home for every B.

http://www.basenjirescue.org/post.htm

• Hi.

I am in Chicago, on the south side, and have family in West Suburbs, so if you need help basenji-proofing a room, I am willing to come out.
    Have you contacted the breeder? Most breeders have a clause in the contract that you have to bring the dog back to them if you cannot keep him.
    Who was your breeder?

-Nicole

• @nkjvcjs:

Hi.

I am in Chicago, on the south side, and have family in West Suburbs, so if you need help basenji-proofing a room, I am willing to come out.
    Have you contacted the breeder? Most breeders have a clause in the contract that you have to bring the dog back to them if you cannot keep him.
    Who was your breeder?

-Nicole

I don't think in reading his post that this was a breeder that used contracts since they did not get any registration information. And the parents were not health tested.

I think that BRAT is the best choice for this baby

• You are right Pat. I didn't read carefully.

• @tanza:

I don't think in reading his post that this was a breeder that used contracts since they did not get any registration information. And the parents were not health tested.

I think that BRAT is the best choice for this baby

I didn't make any commentary before about the breeder, but I am of the same implied opinion as you, Ms. Pat. Twelve letters from the same parents???

Another thread regarding when they first got this boy:

www.basenjiforums.com/showthread.php?t=7097

• Hi! I live in Racine, WI. I'm about an hour form chicago. I would like to meet him. I'm looking to adopt a basenji and would love to help you. Please let me know when we can meet. I would be willing to take him to the vet to see if he is clear of things and healthy. my number is 262-994-1427. thanks! i have a few more questions. If i do not answer please leave a message. I have a female basenji that I would like him to meet too. Perhaps we could set a play date to see if they get along and then we can chat then.

Stephanie

• Wow, hopefully this will be a good match-up! I know of a couple of Forum match-ups that have worked out wonderfully!

• I am in the chicago area and would be interested in Boss

• I also am near Chicago and would be interested

• Oh man, all I can say is this is so sad. 😞 I read previous messages and everything looked like the puppy, whether Fanconi and health tested or not, was going to be a forever addition to a (new) family. Maybe the puppy was pushed on someone, or maybe not enough was known about the breed. I just hope he can find his forever home through BRAT, which I would also say is the best choice in this situation.

Suggested Topics