• Just to remind everyone to check out The Basenji - it's a magazine, in operation since 1964, that features Basenjis and their people.

You can get a free sample copy by emailing lisa@thebasenji.com - or you can go ahead and subscribe at http://www.thebasenji.com/subscribe/

Lisa

• I dont want to be rude or something, but I believe I ordered a subscription years ago, paid for it but then the magazine just dissapeared , some more people were suffering from this and the makers never replied the emails/ phonecalls of non of us. It is a big shame!
    I hope it is not the same magazine in the link and that I am confusing, in that case, sorry for my reply, it just popped back into my mind.

• That was a different magazine, not The Basenji that Lisa is talking about. The other one, many lost their money after only one issue was published and then went out of business. And they never did contact or make good to anyone.

• Can you also get a free sample if you're not a US citizen?

• @tanza:

That was a different magazine, not The Basenji that Lisa is talking about. The other one, many lost their money after only one issue was published and then went out of business. And they never did contact or make good to anyone.

I recently saw the one and only issue of that magazine - and then was told the story. It wasn't only the subscribers that lost money and got no subscription, many people bought ads for upcoming issues that never happened.

• @Janneke:

Can you also get a free sample if you're not a US citizen?

Email Lisa using the address in her post and ask - I know they have foreign subscribers.

• @renaultf1:

Email Lisa using the address in her post and ask - I know they have foreign subscribers.

I will do that! Thank you 🙂

• That was a different magazine - not The Basenji. The Basenji has been in business since 1964 (different owners over time, of course) and if you pay for an ad or a subscription, you will get it.

We will send sample copies overseas - same rules as everyone else - one per customer.

We also send samples to breeders' puppy people (or rescue's adoptors) if they provide us with the name and address, or we can send them directly to the breeder for them to hand out.

• thank you all for clearing that out!!
    in that case I am interested in the magazine too 🙂

• @ibi_n_sane:

thank you all for clearing that out!!
    in that case I am interested in the magazine too 🙂

I just emailed! It's possible to receive it in the Netherlands too 🙂 Just send your address to Lisa 🙂

• thatis great!! I will send Lisa an email 🙂

• I too have just sent an email, and I am really looking forward to getting it 🙂

• I subscribe to this magazine. It's great to see what is happening on the other side of the pond.x

• I subscribed and received my first issue within about 6 weeks. There are some good articles in the magazine, but IMO I find it to be a little bit heavy on the advertising. Saying that, I do understand that advertising is what pays for the publication. I just wish there was a better balance.

• I know they would consider articles is you wanted to submit or even recommend a topic

• Hi Fran -

It's about half ads and about half articles and has been that way for many, many years (I think we're at 46 years and counting.)

A lot of our subscribers and advertisers know each other - when I was a subscriber and not the editor, I wanted to see the ads as much as the articles, in most cases.

So for most (obviously not all) of our subscribers it seems to be a balance that they're pretty happy with. It's also the balance that has let us keep the rates flat (even down a little for international) in a bad economy.

FWIW.

Lisa

• just noticed this thread - sounds really good - have sent an email to Lisa asking for a sample copy.

• Just a reminder - I've received a few emails recently asking for samples - if you want a sample of the Sep/Oct 2010 issue, just email your name and mailing address to lisa@thebasenji.com

Thanks!

Lisa

• I've e-mailed you as well Lisa 🙂

Suggested Topics