• I agree Kim, people shouldnt have pets if they aren't going to care for them. If the cats were genuine strays we would take them in, we have tried to get the owner to rehome them but she can't be bothered.

• Looks to me like they HAVE a new home, haha! (You just don't realize it yet)
    If your cats let them in and share bed space with them…you might consider...just not letting them back outside. Of course, then you would have 4 cats instead of 2!

• I realy dont feel we can adopt them, it's the vets expences if anything goes wrong. We are already up to ?400 with Tom so far :O.Also when we get our Pup i think two Cats are enough to work with. The situation is we let them in most of the day and overnight. It's the best we can do, however maybe in a while they will vanish and be rehomed 😉

• @AJs:

Those cats don't belong to you. Cats don't have owners. They have staff. 😃

Quite right. Signed, Missy - owner of Shaye, Gemma, and Mom and Dad.
    attachment_p_98693_0_missy-sitting.jpg

• That was a lovely photo of the cats on your bed. Our cat is fine with other dogs but she wouldn't be happy with another cat. Your pup will test your cats for sure 😉 Our cat, Spice puts up with Milo when he decides to jump all over her when she's sleeping on our bed, but sometimes he pushes her a tad too far. Thankfully she is very good with him and never scratches him or any of the dogs.

Theresa

• Houston

Shelley, nice picture..They all look to be so friendly.

Our cat, Lucy owns and rules all of us..even our chickens..
    here is a picture of her, laying ontop of freshly laid eggs..the girls were not happy about this…Lucy clearly could not care any less...

• B-Mamma- in the words of the great Larry the Cable Guy: I don't care what anyone says, that's funny, right there… 😃

• Love the pic of pretty Missy shayes mum . Petra , Lucy is pretty too, it's not cat amongst the pigeons, it's cat amongst the chickens 😃
    Our two boys are very king letting the other two cats in, not sure they would be so accomodating with males?
    Tom is a cool cat and gets on quite well with dogs, Jerry is a scaredy cat and either runs or strikes out so we shall have to be careful with our pup

• Jerry might surprise you since your Basenji will still be a young pup when you get her. He might be the one showing her the ropes and protecting her from perceived threats from Tom. 😃 Animals amaze us every day.

• LOVE the pictures. Yes, we are animal lovers. Our cats are treated royally here. Other than one cat, which I have trained to sit and shake a paw for a treat, they do exactly as they please. Nothing is sacred in our house. The back cushions of our couches have permanent sags in them from continuously being pushed down by a warm, living bundle of fur.

It's deadly to wear black in our house. I still haven't figured out how to strap little vacuums onto their paws.

Suggested Topics