• Yaaay congratulations on your poop Otis 😃
    Seriously Petra i am pleased he is getting better

• Glad Otis is better.
    My second beastie was a trash diver and I finally bought one of those bathroom cans that open only when you step on the lever. It works well for me.

• Houston

Wizard,
    That is exactly the type of trash can I want to find. Thanks for telling me that you have one and your smart b's are leaving it alone..
    Yes Otis is much better, I am still giving him his meds per the vet and the bland foods, so his poor botttom has a break, and he is bored with the food let me tell you..but in desperate times..ha ha.

• Don't know how tall Otis is, but be aware that they can still figure out the step on cans - especially if 2 of them work together! We have 2 that figured out if one stepped on the lever, the top would open and the other one could drag stuff out or even tip over the whole can! Aaah, Basenjis, too bad Coren thinks they aren't smart, LOL

Terry

• Houston

ok, so that made me laugh..I bet it is a sight to be seen when they team work like that..Otis is tall, 17+ in his shoulders, and he is trying to figure out our step butterfly opening trash can in the kitchen..scary.

• You could always try a little tee tree oil or vicks vapo rub around the rim to keep him away.

• Houston

That would probably work, because he hates the smell of tea tree oil..I will try that.
    So far he has not even paid attention to the trash cans, but our new foster Dotty, she is a pain, she even came running through the house last night with the trash can lid stuck around her neck…darn dog..

• I told you before how Ashley has gotten Jaycee to leave all of our trash cans alone. Ashley chased Jaycee through house like it was after her it was funny and Jaycee did not get hurt in any way. She did not want that trash can to touch her then she took the can back to kitcken and waited Jaycee went in looked at can and Ashley just took her foot and kind of moved it Jaycee was like no that thing moves. Then Ashley was taking big trash cans out by road for trash day we had Jaycee out on leash was like o no thoses are the parents got to get into house right now they also move. Trash can story over.

Rita Jean

• I am just seeing this thread and so glad Otis is OK! You feel so helpless when your pup is sick and you don't know what to do.

We have a small metal trash in the bathroom with a lid and a step-on pedal. My Nicky just raises the lid with her little nosey-nose and steals tissues! I always took 'female things' directly outside to the big trash can!

• Houston

Macpack, that is exactly what I will be doing from here on out, even though I got a new fancy trash can. Who knows, he might not have gotten so sick from trash digging, but I am not willing to take another chance..
    Yes helpless is definitely how you feel.. but he is all well, still on antibotic and bland foods, but I am slowly introducing his normal diet, and I bought some probiotics and digestive enzymzes for him to take as well..any thing for a healthy gut..lol

Suggested Topics