Where did the cube of butter go?

• I'm getting forgetful in my older years, but I was sure I set out a cube of butter for baking. Maybe not. Maybe I just thought about it and didn't actually do it. ((You will get like this one day, too!))

Bailey, my year old Basenji, and the old Shep female were in my office being way too quiet. They usually don't pal around together. 😕 I stepped in the office and Basenji Bailey gobbled something down as fast as she could, and Kira was licking the rug. 😕 I couldn't figure out what they were eating?

I looked all over the kitchen to see if something was missing - didn't see anything unusual.

Later, I decided to take a cube of butter out of the refrig and set it aside before baking - then I noticed that the new box of butter had one cube missing.

If you are a Basenji owner, you know the rest of this story!

• Every dog I've ever taken care of loves butter.

The elderly Jack Russell I used to pet sit considered a butter wrapper the best treat ever - he'd lick one clean. When he was near the end of his life, the only way his owner or I could get him to take pills was to put them in butter.

• Houston

my dachshund Gus ate a whole 4 oz stick of butter once, boy did he get sick..I thought we would have to pump his stomach, but once he threw up…he felt like a new dog..
    Otis on the other hand ate 30+ cinnamon rolls, fresh out of the oven, they were still too hot for us to eat..not so much for him..
    We are currently painting our livingroom and my daughter just caught him drinking the pan, his whole nose, inside of his mouth and chin is a beautiful shade of "colorado sand"..d..n dog..

• :D:D:D Naughty Bailey

• Yummmmm, greasy slimy poop coming at you! LOL

• @Basenjimamma:

my dachshund Gus ate a whole 4 oz stick of butter once, boy did he get sick..I thought we would have to pump his stomach, but once he threw up…he felt like a new dog..
    Otis on the other hand ate 30+ cinnamon rolls, fresh out of the oven, they were still too hot for us to eat..not so much for him..
    We are currently painting our livingroom and my daughter just caught him drinking the pan, his whole nose, inside of his mouth and chin is a beautiful shade of "colorado sand"..d..n dog..

30 cinnamon rolls!!! :eek:

Bailey didn't get sick and didn't even have runny pooh - she has a cast iron stomach.

• @Basenjimamma:

Oh wow, Otis was certainly hungry… :eek:

Some dogs live to eat. 😃

• Houston

Vicki,
    I am glad she didn't get sick, the poop Gus had was unreal, never seen anything like it..
    Yes Otis is a junk food junkie..I guess since he eats raw, when he steals it better be good tasty, not so good for you food..

Today Otis is not feeling hip at all, he wouldn'ty eat his breakfast and he just threw up twice on our nice newish dogbed…great..

Poor baby, and it is his 9 mo old birthday today...

Suggested Topics