• Hi there
    We have a rescue puppy 9 months old a male named Ringo.
    When we adopted him we were concerned about his dull coat and dandruff, the previous owner was feeding him "Puppy Chow" and rawhide chews and a myriad of other things I would never give our 3 year old girl Bella.

Bella had a lot of tummy issues and allergies as a puppy after trial and error we put her on Avoderm dry food and IVD venison wet food. Changed her life.
    She is very happy/healthy

We put baby Ringo on the puppy formulas over the course of a week slowly.
    His coat, skin and eyes are bright and healthy…but oh lord the GAS!!!!:eek:
    With the bad coat and skin, on puppy chow no gas! Ha Ha...I think maybe he good stuff is too rich for him??????
    Anyone have any suggestions? Should I wait it out?
    It has been just a couple of months.

THANKS MUCH!

• Try giving home yogurt with one of his meals.

• Have you tried adding some yogurt to his food? Or there are various powdered products that aid digestion and reduce gas like Fresh Digest, Fortiflora, Prozyme and I am sure others.

• You may have to change dog food slow maybe that will help.

Rita Jean

• Houston

I can attest to Fortiflora doing wonders on Otis stomach..
    Yoghurt is good too, but some dogs have sensitivities to dairy, some not all, so it might be worth a shot.

• Perhaps the puppy food is too rich and he needs to be on adult food or a mix of puppy/adult. Some puppy food has a high fat content. I had to take a puppy off of puppy food early but it turned out he has digestive/esophagus issues and he is now on an intestinal diet. He was regurgitating a little bit of his food and also plain water and was also belching.

On the other side, I have to add a little bit of puppy food to a senior dog food because the dog looks skinny and I think it is due to the low fat content in the senior food. This dog will be 16 in December but walks around in the yard a lot for her age.

• There's a popular belief that our dogs live up to their names. It could be your 'Ringo' is just putting up the drum beat, poot by poot!:D:D

• Are his stools firm?

• @snorky998:

There's a popular belief that our dogs live up to their names. It could be your 'Ringo' is just putting up the drum beat, poot by poot!:D:D

LOL. Nice.

Suggested Topics