Skip to content

Quick question–diarrhea

Basenji Health Issues & Questions
  • Akeyla has had diarrhea for a day now and I have read all the threads I can about diarrhea but I still have a question. I withheld food for 12 hours and then feed her chicken and rice last night. She doesn't seem to care much for the rice just the chicken. So…my quesion is can I replace the rice with plain oatmeal?
    Also I didnt change anything about her diet to cause this frequent diarrhea however she is not going quite as much as yesterday. So any other advice anyone can give me will help.
    Thanks!!

  • You could try a little yogurt. Cook up some yams in place of the rice.

Suggested Topics

  • Delicate question

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    5k Views
    P
    Perfectly normal - please don't worry.
  • Question about neutering

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    17
    0 Votes
    17 Posts
    12k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Behavioral difference depend on the dog, the age the dog is neutered and other factors. Lots of studies on the topic but mostly you avoid the heightened mating response to other dogs in heat and chance breeding. Behaviorally, effects are generally not that much otherwise.
  • Diarrhea

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    7k Views
    P
    Thank you for letting us know. I am so glad that all is now well and that Paco is back to normal.
  • Questions

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    tanzaT
    @agilebasenji: I have a friend who has a nonbasenji dog that was just diagnosed with Fanconi. They (owner and vet) started the dog on the Gonto's protocal. (yea!) I know there is a Fanconi list, but did not know if it was open to just Fanconi affected basenjis or if other breeds were welcome. Also, is it a yahoo group? thanks It is a yahoo group and it is open to anyone with a Fanconi affected dog, or so I have been told.
  • Fanconi Question

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    5k Views
    E
    Thank you for all the information. I am going to a dog show in Springfield, Illinois next weekend to meet some dogs from Meiterhaus (Tad Brooks). This makes me feel alot more comfortable. :D
  • Help with diarrhea

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    23
    0 Votes
    23 Posts
    20k Views
    QuercusQ
    @tanza: And also important that he is drinking normal amounts of water Good point….