• Hello- for those of you who have females, do you ever have to clean their bits? Our vet has recommended that every once in a while, we "help" keep our little girl clean. Does anyone else have this issue? It's totally gross, I know. But if we let it go, she gets reddish/brown gunk that cakes up around her bits- which is even more disgusting. Just wanted to know if there were others out there- is this a malformation? 😞

• Every basenji I have ever had was able to keep themselves clean.
    Did she come from a place where the crates/kennels were not clean?

• I never had this issue with my german shepherd mix (I had her for about 12 years) nor Zoey–but I've only had Zoey for a few months now.

• I've noticed with Jazzy after her heat cycles that she sometimes had a bit of dry "build-up" around her self deep in the creases where I imagine it was hard to reach. I just made sure to rinse the area well when I bathed her.

I haven't noticed it since she was spayed so much.

• Is she still intact?
    Or has she been spayed?

• She's spayed and very petite. And she only gets this in the deep creases.

• Both Sugar and Dimisi are fastidious cleaners of their private parts. Every once in a while-Shadow doesn't really like cleaning himself-I put a little corn syrup(I'm talking about a dabbing of it) around his private area to facilitate himself cleaning himself.

Suggested Topics