Skip to content

Chicken Necks

Basenji Feeding
  • Hey all,

    I was just wondering are frozen chicken necks okay for pups?? :confused:

    Thanks in advance

  • It would depend if you have "trained" your pup to eat raw bones. Most dogs that have never eaten raw bones - don't understand that they are suppose to consume the bone too not just the meat. I wouldn't start with necks. I would check the Primal.com and read their suggestions for feeding and training dogs to eat raw bones. Good luck

Suggested Topics

  • Anal Gland Health Diet Adjustment (ideas?)

    Basenji Feeding
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    32k Views
    elbrantE
    @Saving said in Anal Gland Health Diet Adjustment (ideas?): scavenging on walks has increased though and that's quite annoying. LOL, omgosh! The amount of food tossed on the ground is astounding! And doodle will grab it up before I have any idea it's there! I wish I had a picture of the day she pulled a (whole) bagel out of a bush!
  • Xylitol = Birch Sugar?

    Basenji Feeding
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    7k Views
    D
    Not sure how Xylitol is being marketed. It is an alcohol found in a lot of plants, including birch wood, which is the source of Xylitol used in medicines. And it is toxic to dogs, even in small amounts. Most of the time you find it in sugarless gum and candy. Here is an FDA warning "Paws Off Xylitol": https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/paws-xylitol-its-dangerous-dogs
  • Best treats for sensitive stomach & picky eater!

    Basenji Feeding
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    11k Views
    S
    I know this topic is old, but I give my B freeze dried salmon bites as treats. I usually find them in the cat section
  • Chicken jerky treats

    Basenji Feeding
    58
    0 Votes
    58 Posts
    46k Views
    T
    We were in Menard's building and supply store and noticed they are carrying Colorado Naturals Chicken Jerky type treats. We did check the label and it said all USA Chicken Breast. They also had the pork and it was all USA as well. They each sold for $10.99 per bag but we did not pay attention to size of the bag. From what we remember it was pretty good size. So if there is a Menard's near you, you might want to check for this all USA product if you happen to feed these treats. Debra, thanks for the search engine tip. We sorry to hear that you have massive liver damage. We know currently that Byetta used to treat type II diabetics has been named in several law suits. Hopefully you were never on that drug.
  • Chicken Jerky -Your Own

    Basenji Feeding
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    8k Views
    red and white fureverR
    A friend just told me about Bragg's Liquid Aminos for marinating your homemade jerky in. It has no salt added, and very low naturally occurring sodium. Website here: http://www.bragg.com/products/liquidaminos.html
  • What to mix with chicken and veggies???

    Basenji Feeding
    19
    0 Votes
    19 Posts
    21k Views
    dmcartyD
    DO NOT add ONIONS - dogs can't eat ONions. Sounds good for people though