Skip to content

Raw Food

Basenji Feeding
  • It might be a good idea to rethink feeding raw. CDC study

    " Our data suggest that raw dog food could be a sentinel of emerging antimicrobial resistance traits because this type of food may accumulate raw ingredients of different origins, namely from animals associated with intensive farming, adding a new concern to the global health burden of antimicrobial resistance."

    There are other articles on the subject. One example .

  • Thanks for posting.

Suggested Topics

  • Raw vs Kibble vs Human Grade Food

    Basenji Feeding
    35
    0 Votes
    35 Posts
    23k Views
    G
    I agree. Feed'em raw! Meat and bones!
  • Raw Foods, Treats, Etc.

    Basenji Feeding
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    2k Views
    No one has replied
  • "human" food or dog food?

    Basenji Feeding
    30
    0 Votes
    30 Posts
    23k Views
    P
    I once had a pup under treatment at the Bristol Veterinary hospital. When they finally sorted the problem I was told now you'll be able to give him real food meaning kibble!1 I always feed raw and whatever but never complete dog food. Having said that it seems that over here we get a new dog food manufactutrer every month and all claim that theirs is the best!!
  • Best Food?

    Basenji Feeding
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    8k Views
    tanzaT
    @Patty: Interesting that you had a problem with loose stools, Pat, because I had exactly the same but with a puppy who was eventually discovered to have Giardia. It did take us a very long time though and in the meantime the pup was suffering. It also happened to a friend of mine herself who for years had a stomach problem that finally was discovered to be a Giardia infection. Because of my experience with the puppy, I had jokingly suggested the problem to her as well. Yes… Giardia "hides" very well..... Many Vets will write it off to a sensitive digestive system when in fact it is not. Like I said with my OJ, once it was cleared up, he could eat anything...
  • Less expensive raw food?

    Basenji Feeding
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    lvossL
    Here is what Only Natural Pet carries, maybe it might give an idea of what Raw brands are out there, http://search.onlynaturalpet.com/search.aspx?searchterms=raw-pet-food
  • Raw feeding

    Basenji Feeding
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    2k Views
    No one has replied