• Hello, one of my B's did a happy flip in a field of grass that happened to have oil spots in it and he is now looking like a red dalmatian…Any suggestions how I can get it off...? As any proud Basenji, a bath is out of the question...:)

• Any degreaser will take it out… but I think that after that a bath would be in order

• I agree with Pat - and the bath is definitely in order after the degreaser - hold the collar and bathe the dog whether it's appreciated or not!

• Houston

You have some work ahead of you to get rid of that..degreaser is the way to go and then maybe a conditioning shampoo to restore the moisture in his coat. Fun stuff.

• I tend to read a lot of the conversations in the B forums. I'm just a bit cautious conversing as I rarely have a clue exactly where I am.

My Mango hasn't been feeling so good. Vomiting every or every other day. Recently started consistently eating grass (but he's a picky grass eater) and a few minutes later…yuck! 😞 His water drinking is inconsistent. We have been out of our routine for a week or so but his diet was consistent (I hope) until yesterday when I put him on boiled chicken and rice. He fake yawns quite often lately. It's strange. Today he chased his tail so fast he knock himself over. I almost gave him a benadryl as I thought he was having some kind of reaction. Mostly that's fun to watch...today...scary. He's going to his vet tomorrow. My heart breaks when he's not his B self.

• Houston

I am so sorry to hear that Mango isn't feeling well. How is he handling the chicken and rice diet? I hope that the vet will have some amswers for ou. Keep us poted. If you want more responses, there is a section for health issues, post there, more peeps are going to see the thread there.

• I would say use some dawn dish soap, as I believe that is what they use for the real oil spills in the ocean to get the oil off the birds and such.

• exactly why i converse infrequently. i'm never quite sure where i am in these forums. it sure is fun to see all B lovers.

Suggested Topics