• Recently, I have been trying out some alternatives to my dog's evening canned food since at $2 a can it adds up pretty quickly. Last week while at the Davis Food Co-op, I found a food called Happy Dog, http://www.happydogfood.com/ and decided to give it try. I tried the small Original formula and added ground chicken that they sell at the Co-op. Last week when I made it Nicky was the only one making a fuss while they had to wait for it to cook and then cool This week all four are going nuts because they know it is their dinner that is cooking and they apparently want it NOW!!!

I haven't tried their Express or Grain Free formulas yet but probably will after I am done with this batch of Original. So far the dogs are all doing very well on it and they obviously like it. I can make a large batch of it and then separate it into smaller portions and freeze it to pull out as needed. So if anyone is looking for an easy homemade food you may want to give this a try.

• I highly recommend a long walk with the dogs while the food cools because mine are constantly asking, "Is it done yet? Are you sure it isn't done yet? I think it might be done."

• Houston

Thanks for giving me some ideas as to what to swith my dogs raw diet up with. I like what I have read so far, I might have to try it out..

• lvoss: "I highly recommend a long walk with the dogs while the food cools because mine are constantly asking, "Is it done yet? Are you sure it isn't done yet? I think it might be done."

I don't have to be "cooking" anything for Gossy - she jumps around asking those same questions when I'm making anything - even when it's "my" food. 🙂

Suggested Topics