• Can someone help? I live in USA/ Dayton Ohio. April 24 around 11 pm I let my Destro out to pee, after a few I went out and called him, he didn't come. He has never done this before. Got in my car and looked our area over. He just vanished. I have went to every shelter, put adds in the newspapper and an ad on craigslist. We have put up posters and fliers all over, but so far not one word. Does anyone know what else I can do? We just miss him so much. He was just such a big part of my kids and my life.

• @Basenji:

Can someone help? I live in USA/ Dayton Ohio. April 24 around 11 pm I let my Destro out to pee, after a few I went out and called him, he didn't come. He has never done this before. Got in my car and looked our area over. He just vanished. I have went to every shelter, put adds in the newspapper and an ad on craigslist. We have put up posters and fliers all over, but so far not one word. Does anyone know what else I can do? We just miss him so much. He was just such a big part of my kids and my life.

Sorry to read this. Hopefully you will get him back soon.

In the meantime, I would go to every vet in the area and let them know…just in case someone brings him in...also animal hospitals as well. Is there an animal control officer in your town...if so, call them.

Was he microchipped?

• did you register this on Craigslist and Dogdetective???

• Get flyers with large photos and your contact info, and get it to the postal workers and UPS drivers. Schools are also a good place to post them..the kids to notice things.
    Good luck.

• Did Destro get home? I used the LostMyDoggie.com to place lost pet alert phone calls to 250 of my neighbors. I have not had any luck in finding my Dot yet (she climbed our fence on August 17), but I received several phone calls from people in my area asking about the basenji breed. It offered me some comfort and I knew that there were a lot of people looking for her. I will keep looking for Dot. I have gotten more search ideas from this forum tonight to help me. Please don't give up on Destro. They must be with some good person just out of our reach, so we have to keep looking a little farther away every day.

Suggested Topics