Skip to content

New Basenji mommy in Houston, TX

Member Introductions

Suggested Topics

  • New to Basenji breed

    Member Introductions
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    5k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Hi and welcome! House training with any dog is the same boring work... with an adult it usually takes less time than a puppy because their bladders are able to hold longer, but honestly, it is absolutely necessary to watch, leash to you, crate or outside every second until you have a dog who consistently asks to or goes outside. Every time you mess up, it prolongs training. http://www.clickerlessons.com/index.htm Has training on left, behaviors such as house training on right. Another good one: https://positively.com/dog-behavior/nuisance-behaviors/potty-problems/adult-dog-housetraining/
  • New Basenji(?) Owner, New to Forum

    Member Introductions
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    5k Views
    ?
    Hi, I'm no good at guessing mixes, wonderful that you saved her from a shelter and she is cute, welcome. Jolanda and Kaiser
  • Basenji Club in Houston, Tx

    Member Introductions
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    5k Views
    J
    hey y'all sorry for the short notice last time i had a death in the human family and was kinda besides myself but it was very much time so all is well!!! this sunday is the 20th of may and i would love to have a get together however i can't always find the threads on here i am new to this still but if anyone has twitter i get tweets @JWinz_BASENJI hope zola is well
  • New: basenji owner in TX

    Member Introductions
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    6k Views
    ArwenA
    @pennypen: We are attending our first event on Friday, Nov 26th in Decatur, TX and am excited to see her run her first practice run and see if she will be able to do a qualifying run. Super geeked! So i hope to meet more basenji owners in the area since every time i do see another i get so excited and Penny just goes nuts over fellow basenjis. I want to go to some lure coursing as well. I live in Austin with a rescue girl that I got from BRAT. :) Welcome to the forums.
  • New Basenji Puppy

    Member Introductions
    29
    0 Votes
    29 Posts
    15k Views
    BasenjiByTheBayB
    Or it would be more expensive through him because he'd need to mark up for his - or his staff's - time to coordinate. Makes sense - smart to just do it on your own. Both our pups were rescues, but in Bongo's case he was from a shelter so we have no info at all on his pedigree and we were able to register for the test. They don't always operate really quickly, though. Congrats on your beautiful girl! Enjoy!
  • New Basenji

    Member Introductions
    43
    0 Votes
    43 Posts
    21k Views
    KanangaK
    He's a hungry dog today. Gave him 1/2 cup in the morning and just a few minutes ago. He had no problem eating. I'm much more happy that he's eating now. He likes his bone as well. Not too much into the Kong yet. I just wish he didn't cry in his crate when I put him in there. Feel bad for him but I know it just takes adjusting. He is perfectly fine when I return home after he's been in there awhile. It's just the initial time. To be honest though, this transition went far better than I expected. I was prepared for the worst. This little guy has done very well.