Skip to content

Beegin's Fanconi Test Results

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • Peggy's test results

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    KipawaK
    Superb results! Understandably you are very happy as I am for Peggy and you! :)
  • Pokey's test results are back

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    6k Views
    F
    and I love the picture of your babies. I love the independent nature of a shiba inu too as much as I do a Basenji. I think there will always be a concern about fanconi, but this was a good day.
  • Cody's fanconi results

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    6k Views
    K
    How awesome for you and Cody!
  • Offspring's Fanconi Results Question

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    41
    0 Votes
    41 Posts
    20k Views
    tanzaT
    @Basenjimamma: Ok, I got it. So basically the only way (as far as we know with the test available today) to get affecteds is if the "breeder" either don't test prior to breeding or breed affecteds and carriers together, and not using a clear in the mix. Right, Affecteds and Carriers and IND (between a Clear and a Carrier, so should be considered a Carrier) should only be bred to Clears, period With the very, very few inconsistant results excluded, looking at the test results, what we are seeing is what we would expect to see, especially in looking at tested sires and dams and then their offspring.
  • Kiora's test results

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    NemoN
    Wahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Willy's test results

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    6k Views
    tanzaT
    Great news.. I had Kobey's blood done at the Nationals and I know that it arrived and they cashed my check… so just waiting for the results... He will be either Clear or Carrier, since his sire is Clear, Dam is a Carrier.... His two litter sisters did come back Clear.....