Skip to content

Smitty thinks he's Peter Pan

Basenji Talk
  • Not sure if this should go under "Agility" or "Other Sports". Here is a new one…

    We had a warm stretch a month ago and I had the screens out of the windows to clean them. While Bonnie and Smitty were playing, Smitty thought it was pretty fun to jump in and out of the house into our back yard rather than go though the open door. Pretty funny... funny then. Well, the other day I'm sitting in my second floor office and Smitty runs up and BONK slams right into the window! Fortunately it was closed and the screen was in, but now I have a new problem on my hands come warm weather time! I had to put a vase on the window ledge so he knows there's an obstruction there. Anyone else every have this happen? I don't really want to put bars on the windows.

  • No that's a new one for me:D :D :D. This is a job for Super Senji!

    I'd get Smitty a little cape.:eek: :eek: That's hilarious.:)

  • I was thinking putting a trampoline below each window might help too!

Suggested Topics

  • Any idea's?

    Basenji Talk
    18
    0 Votes
    18 Posts
    8k Views
    F
    My dog had an adverse reaction to the Heartworm edible I gave her, do you possibly give one? if so is it maybe related to that? I had to switch brands and she still doesnt feel well for 1 to 2 days after I give it, but it is not as bad as the other brand. Her symptoms were changes in consistency and color and frequency of bowel movements, she didnt eat, and didnt want to be bothered. And she ate grass.
  • I have ''issues'' with my basenji, can you help ?

    Basenji Talk
    33
    0 Votes
    33 Posts
    28k Views
    YodelMaY
    Ladybasenji, where are you in Quebec? Montreal? We have a place in Gatineau (Aylmer sector) and one of my dogs might even be related to yours. You're experiences with your girl remind me so much of my first basenji, about 20 years ago–it gets easier, I swear! Let me know if you'd like help with Lady--they're nothing like labs and will never be "obedient" but there are tricks for training them : D
  • Kipawa's first 'rehab' test

    Basenji Talk
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    7k Views
    B
    I had nose surgery a few months ago and when I got home I was worried the dogs would be so excited and jump all on me, but it was crazy how mild mannered and dare I say tame/domesticated they were. I swear they knew I was hurt and gave me a day or so of good behavior. They are truly great dogs to own!
  • Here's your chance….....

    Basenji Talk
    55
    0 Votes
    55 Posts
    28k Views
    S
    I vote every day. I guess other groups have more people helping them. Sigh.
  • 'It's a race-dog!'

    Basenji Talk
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    7k Views
    JannekeJ
    @Schouiffy: Hehe. I know… Well I don't live very close to Bern at all - but YES!! Thank you for owning the Italians last night. :) !! Orange is such a nice colour. =) Orange is a great colour ;)
  • Stormie's 1st dinner at his "Gramma's" house

    Basenji Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    4k Views
    L
    There's no animal so resourceful as a hungry basenji. They were slighted you know for centuries being last in line at the cooking pot.