Skip to content

Basenji from Slovakia

Member Introductions

Suggested Topics

  • Basenji mix?

    Member Introductions
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    7k Views
    M
    Hi there. I would do some DNA testing on him. However, if you go to the Colorado Basenji Rescue website, there is a mix at the bottom of the page. There appears to be some similarities. You could also email Peggy of CBR with your photos and ask her. She has been working with Basenji and Basenji mixes for a long, long time.
  • NOUNO the Basenji

    Member Introductions
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    8k Views
    tanzaT
    @nouno: His parents are also in Cyprus. His mother is 4 years old. Did not have any problems. His father is 2 years old and also did not have any problems. Not yet. Is too expensive as I have to send all the test to the USA. But I will get through with it as long as I am able to. Age that Fanconi can show up is from usually 3 years all the way till over 10 years
  • Getting a basenji

    Member Introductions
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    ?
    HI, we don't have many breeders in New Zealand but luckily there was one that had a website which came up when I did a search on the web and was given information about more breeders here. If you do find a breeder please make sure they are a responsible breeder and do all the health testing etc. Lot's of info on this forum regarding this and maybe someone can help further. Good luck with your search. Jolanda and Kaiser
  • My Basenjis

    Member Introductions
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    5k Views
    P
    As mine age I try to keep a bit of weight on them because I know they may reach a stage when they just don't keep weight as the organs weaken.
  • Roscoe the basenji

    Member Introductions
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    KitKatK
    welcome to both of you. You chose a great dog for years of entertainment and love. :)
  • My Basenji?

    Member Introductions
    23
    0 Votes
    23 Posts
    13k Views
    scarlettsmommaS
    It was actually the vet tech wasn't the most brilliant thing on the planet… needless to say I found another vet the next week and they think she might have some bulldog in her... what a mix. I believe that she definitely could have some bulldog in her judging by the way she lays around the house.